[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Feb 19, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #181 of 349

feel free to email me... I don't bite, honest.

I hope so...
smile.gif

Thanks, I will send you an email soon.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #182 of 349

I was forced to 'come out'.. basically it means I look after your needs and advise you, email me any questions via the website regarding purchase... feel free to ask general stuff in the thread.

Zen... you getting a ZX1?

I was planning to and somehow still tempted but I rarely use headphone one the go those days. Well, OK, I don't go out much those days...
wink.gif
 I even sold my HM-901.
If I happen to go out, I just use the JDS C5D with my phone.
Can't I just turn up at your house and listen to all those demos?  
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #184 of 349
  Can't I just turn up at your house and listen to all those demos?  
biggrin.gif

the Team are treating me mean to keep me keen, an ode full of woe...

they sent me a demo N6 when they knew I never had any equipment apart from my pc, obviously with no uses for them I sent them out for a demo, the N6's will be at the Bristol Show this weekend with Chord.... I was then informed that both the 8C & K-10 demo's were on their way to the UK, I was now beside myself with excitement as my F887 & PHA-2 were back with me. I asked for the tracking details but no reply was forthcoming, I was mow having regular 'Se7en' moments when sitting in front of the pc (you know the coo, when John Doe (Spacey) is in the back of the police car bouncing up & down with excitement on the way to the last deadly sin). The excitement was overwhelming so I requested the tracking details again, unbelievably I got a fast reply and was told they had been delivered, I thought 'what the hell, they ain't here matey' so I sent a reply and proceeded bash on my neighbours front doors with not much result. Upon my return I found another email awaiting which informed me of arrival of the 8C & K-10 at Chord in readiness for the Hugo launch at the Bristol Show... then depression set in.

In times like these I seek solace in the words of Martin Luther King... I have a dream that one day Head-Fi will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal though the righteous should be blessed above all others when listening to Noble CIEM/IEM's... amen to that.

this statement was brought to you by : www.iloveirony.com

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #185 of 349

I've been assisting Noble from time to time, and we felt it was best to carry the "MOT" status etc. so it was agreed that I should 'come out' so people would know I was affiliated to the Noble Team... basically it means I look after your needs and advise you, email me any questions via the website regarding purchase... feel free to ask general stuff in the thread.

Zen... you getting a ZX1?

I've re-worded my original post as I wasn't 'forced' to do anything (I was being typically ironic)... in many ways it was my choice as I felt awkward talking about Noble, hope that clears up any confusion.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #188 of 349
The cable it comes with is 4 stands, so you can balance terminate it yourself. It is also compatible with standard Westone 2-pin cables, so any of those that are balanced terminated should work, too.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #190 of 349
  Is anyone here aware of a balanced cable that is compatible with the Kaiser 10s and could be used for a balanced DAP such as the HM-901? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've used the Noble cable in my balanced adventures: 

I reterminated it with a Hirose connector for use with the Ibasso PB2. I've since made a fancier looking one myself:

Looks like a million bucks but I honestly miss the flexibility of the Noble cable. I've tried talking Dr. Moulton & Brannan into offering the Noble cable with a clear jacket like the one I made but it turns out that it would be damn pricey for them to offer due to the minimum quantities they'd have to order from the supplier.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #192 of 349
  I've used the Noble cable in my balanced adventures: 

I reterminated it with a Hirose connector for use with the Ibasso PB2. I've since made a fancier looking one myself:

Looks like a million bucks but I honestly miss the flexibility of the Noble cable. I've tried talking Dr. Moulton & Brannan into offering the Noble cable with a clear jacket like the one I made but it turns out that it would be damn pricey for them to offer due to the minimum quantities they'd have to order from the supplier.

Sad but true

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #193 of 349
  I've been using my 8C with a Toxic Cables Silver Widow balanced cable. I can't seem to find a picture at the moment.... which is unfortunate, as it sounds dynamite. Balanced out from the integrated XLR jack on the BMC PureDAC is heavenly. 

Ahh, BMC... I happened to hear their fullsize gear at the Bristol hi-fi show last weekend.

I suspect the speakers they were using were perhaps the weak link (thought they were quite good), but the amplification really impressed me. It's not 'cheap', but I felt it offered a gutsy, dynamic, grip on the music which is rare for 'only' $7500.

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #194 of 349
(This was actually a reply to a PM that ended up being a status report after several months with the K10)

The journey to towards audio nirvana is a rite of passage. You make your way through different headphones, each time learning more about your preferences, your source and your listening habits. During this journey you might even see your taste in music shift a bit. Then after years and years of headphone buying and selling you find your perfect setup. For me, the K10 is just that - perfection. No matter what the hell I throw at them, they just deliver. Right now I'm blasting Muse's The Second Law album. Just before that I was listening to Sumie. If people ask me one more time to help with the print benchmarking project I'll most certainly switch to Rage Against The Machine. If the print project goes south (as it usually does), I'll be listening to Devildriver. Or I'll put on some Adele or Norah Jones to calm myself down. Or Trentemøller or Daft Punk if I need to hammer out some code.

Sorry for the rant - my point is that out of all the headphones I've had (all are listed in my profile), the K10 is the first that sounds not just nice but GREAT with every single bit of music I throw at them. And yes, they'll sound fine straight from your iPhone, they're actually pretty good straight from my Moto G and the iPhone 5 should sound better than most other phones. They do benefit from amping, but they don't need it per se. I've gone all-in though and they have improved audibly at every single step of the upgrade:

Ibasso DX50 DAP -> DIY solidcore silver IC -> Ibasso PB2 balanced amp -> DIY SPC multistrand -> K10. 

And I'm getting the dual-dac DX90 as soon as it's out. This is my desktop, portable and main rig. 95% of my headphone listening is at my desk at work (yes, I get paid to listen to music, I love it) so a semi-portable rig is perfect for me. When I'm on the go I just swap the balanced cable to a regular one terminated to 3.5mm and plug the K10 into my phone, streaming 320kbps mp3 from Google Play Music - and they still sound good. The K10 is an engineering masterpiece that happens to look like a work of art. If mine were stolen or lost, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back