[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Sep 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #259 of 349
Just received my K10s. Excellent customer service throughout the whole process. Very impressed with Brannan and the whole crew. Had my impressions taken in London through Aid2Hearing who I also recommend. The fit is excellent and they sound amazing.

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #260 of 349
  Just received my K10s. Excellent customer service throughout the whole process. Very impressed with Brannan and the whole crew. Had my impressions taken in London through Aid2Hearing who I also recommend. The fit is excellent and they sound amazing.

That's strange. I thought this design wasn't qualified for the Wizard reprint?

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #261 of 349
Say guys (and gals), I have, in the past couple of weeks, developed this problem with my UM-mod-TF10 in my right ear. If I insert the earpiece all the way in my ear-canal, I feel this suction effect and the sound shuts off. In order to get the sound back, I have to adjust the piece so that it juts out of my ear a little at an odd angle and that seems to give me full sound. I hope that doesn't mean I need to get them refitted.
You see, I'm intending to order the K10 at the November 1st San Diego show and so I want to know what I can do to insure that the chances of this happening down the line with the K10 is much lessened.
Is it a matter of being more circumspect which audiologist I choose? The one I did choose did a great job, I think, b/c I had gotten a great fit that lasted me over two years. I don't know, maybe I have some loose skin in my ear-canal that causes this, something that can be seen by the audiologist.
Anyway, I guess I wish to address Brannon in particular, since I believe he lives in or near San Diego and knows of a particular audiologist of especial knowledge about these things. So what do you think, Brannon, or anyone?

Abe

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #262 of 349
  Say guys (and gals), I have, in the past couple of weeks, developed this problem with my UM-mod-TF10 in my right ear. If I insert the earpiece all the way in my ear-canal, I feel this suction effect and the sound shuts off. In order to get the sound back, I have to adjust the piece so that it juts out of my ear a little at an odd angle and that seems to give me full sound. I hope that doesn't mean I need to get them refitted.
You see, I'm intending to order the K10 at the November 1st San Diego show and so I want to know what I can do to insure that the chances of this happening down the line with the K10 is much lessened.
Is it a matter of being more circumspect which audiologist I choose? The one I did choose did a great job, I think, b/c I had gotten a great fit that lasted me over two years. I don't know, maybe I have some loose skin in my ear-canal that causes this, something that can be seen by the audiologist.
Anyway, I guess I wish to address Brannon in particular, since I believe he lives in or near San Diego and knows of a particular audiologist of especial knowledge about these things. So what do you think, Brannon, or anyone?

Abe

I'm sure Brannan will have recommendations re: audiologist.  From a common sense standpoint, all I can think of is if your cable connection to the iem gets torqued or pushed out of alignment a little bit when you push the iem all the way in your ear.  My connector lays pretty close to the outside of my ear when it is inserted.  Just a thought.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #263 of 349
Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I do notice is that if, when the earpiece is inserted all the way in, I press on it, the sound returns until I release, then it turns off. I will check my connector for the problem you layed out. Didn't think to check for that.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #264 of 349

Abe

Brannan is planning on being at the San Diego meet on 11/1. I am pretty sure he will do your impressions at the meet if you order the K10's. This way you make sure it gets done right.  I don't think he charges for doing the impressions either. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #265 of 349
  Brannan is planning on being at the San Diego meet on 11/1. I am pretty sure he will do your impressions at the meet if you order the K10's. This way you make sure it gets done right.  I don't think he charges for doing the impressions either. 

Yes, Darin, thank you. I'm really looking forward to this meet to do just that, as you can imagine!

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #266 of 349
  Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I do notice is that if, when the earpiece is inserted all the way in, I press on it, the sound returns until I release, then it turns off. I will check my connector for the problem you layed out. Didn't think to check for that.

Also, I have been doing the same thing with my left earpiece and ... no problems?!

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #267 of 349

Also, I have been doing the same thing with my left earpiece and ... no problems?!

If this is due to an anatomical issue of the ears, then you shouldn't expect both sides to be the same, as we humans are not built perfectly symetrical.

To trouble shoot this over the net is very difficult, but I suspect "ear wax" may be the culprit, as that is something that can change over time. I don't expect a device/machine that worked yesterday, to not work today.....

(at least that is what I tell myself when I board a plane)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #269 of 349

If this is due to an anatomical issue of the ears, then you shouldn't expect both sides to be the same, as we humans are not built perfectly symetrical.

To trouble shoot this over the net is very difficult, but I suspect "ear wax" may be the culprit, as that is something that can change over time. I don't expect a device/machine that worked yesterday, to not work today.....

(at least that is what I tell myself when I board a plane)

John, thanks, it turns out you are right about the ear wax situation with me. I'll tell you though that any ear wax in my right ear was well beyond the extension of my ciem and so cue tips would not safely go in that far w/o possible ear damage, so I used a natural ear cleaning formula and today I can put the ciem all the way w/o a problem. And, do you know what? I can hear more nuances in my right ear now, more than I can remember in the past. Amazing!

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #270 of 349
Cleaning the ears every couple months not only allows better sound transmittal but also is healthy practice. There are a couple inexpensive kits available for the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back