REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Jan 15, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #752 of 835

Quote:
Already owning this amp + dtt 990 pro (love this combination :D).  

I listen mainly to rock/swingy music/blues and also reggae, hip hop and pop.

I'm looking for new high-end cans.
Which headphone would you consider?

- sennheiser HD 800 (1000 euro)
-LCD-2                     (1000 euro)
-beyerdynamic t1      (900 euro)

Thx for the input.

I would go with the LCD-2 having heard all of those and currently owning 2 of them.

LCD-2 + Concerto is very much a world class sounding pairing with a "budget" pricetag.

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #753 of 835
Yes, it was your rave reviews of the MAD EAR+HD, in part, that has me thinking that the Beyer's really want (read: not 'need') tubes. I wonder how well a pair of DT880 600's would compare to the DT990's and hope to do a direct comparison with the Concerto, at some point. Feel free to let us know how the WA2 compares to both the Meier and the MAD, when you get a chance!

Quote:
Quote:
The T1 does well with the Concerto, eh? I am currently enjoying my DT990 600's with it, and wonder if anyone out there have been noticing similar. So much has been said about Beyer's requiring tubes to sound their best, I often wonder if I am hearing the bassy DT990's at the top of their potential. How about DT880 600's, as well? I wonder if the very detailed, slightly bright Concerto pairs well with these fairly high register/highly resolving cans?

The Concerto and T1s do work very well together...no doubt to my ears. But, I still prefer them (and all 600 ohm beyers) with tubest to get the most out of them. I should hopefully have my new Woo WA2 in late next week and as it's an OTL amp, even better suited for the T1s over my MAD Ear+HD.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #754 of 835
Mine arrived after more than 20 days. It is usually held up by customs. They take apart all the tape on the boxes and look at what is inside.

Quote:
 It's been a month since I ordered my Concerto and StageDAC :frowning2:
I think it might be held up in customs.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #755 of 835
Quote:

My concerto just arrived last week.  It took about a month.

Quote:
Mine arrived after more than 20 days. It is usually held up by customs. They take apart all the tape on the boxes and look at what is inside.

I bet the guys at customs are listen to the Concerto, haha.
Jan told me 2 weeks but you guys had to wait 20 to 30 days then that makes me feel better.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #756 of 835
Yeah, 2 weeks will not happen - especially if you ordered it in December - because of all the Christmas and New Year's gifts going around. I found that all the tapes on the inside packages were cut - that can only mean that the customs' folks were meddling with it ...

Quote:
Quote:

My concerto just arrived last week.  It took about a month.

Quote:

I bet the guys at customs are listen to the Concerto, haha.
Jan told me 2 weeks but you guys had to wait 20 to 30 days then that makes me feel better.

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #757 of 835
 Nevermind, they came in today. It took exactly 1 month. I ordered on the 15th of December.
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #758 of 835

Quote:
Yes, it was your rave reviews of the MAD EAR+HD, in part, that has me thinking that the Beyer's really want (read: not 'need') tubes. I wonder how well a pair of DT880 600's would compare to the DT990's and hope to do a direct comparison with the Concerto, at some point. Feel free to let us know how the WA2 compares to both the Meier and the MAD, when you get a chance!

Quote:
Quote:
The T1 does well with the Concerto, eh? I am currently enjoying my DT990 600's with it, and wonder if anyone out there have been noticing similar. So much has been said about Beyer's requiring tubes to sound their best, I often wonder if I am hearing the bassy DT990's at the top of their potential. How about DT880 600's, as well? I wonder if the very detailed, slightly bright Concerto pairs well with these fairly high register/highly resolving cans?

The Concerto and T1s do work very well together...no doubt to my ears. But, I still prefer them (and all 600 ohm beyers) with tubest to get the most out of them. I should hopefully have my new Woo WA2 in late next week and as it's an OTL amp, even better suited for the T1s over my MAD Ear+HD.

Will do. I'm thinking the WA2 will be the better match for the T1s (and likely HD800s/LCD-2s). But the MAD is breath taking with my RS1i and Ed. 8s.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #760 of 835
So...

90% sure I'm gonna order the Meier Concerto/DAC units sometime soon. The HR Ultra/DPS better defend her turf or risk getting toppled from the heap and kicked to the curb.

Any predictions which will come out ahead in the end?
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #764 of 835
Just noticed the Concerto (and the Symphony.2 too) is now SOLD OUT on Meier Audio!!!

Can't wait for the next killer amp from Jan
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back