[REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100
Mar 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #137 of 196
Got these on the St Paddy's sale. Hooked up at home to some white noise. Hope to listen and review after about 48 hours of burn in.

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #138 of 196
Can't wait to read your impression of them. $40 ya can't go wrong! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #139 of 196
Impressed for $40 so far. Having a little trouble with comfort though. I need to try more tips.

No serious listening yet, I'm busy catching up on Battlestar Galactica. I LOVE the music on BSG! The quality is unsurpassed on any show I've watched. I've switched between the M-Duo and ATH-M50's using an E17 from my iPad. The M-Duo seem a bit boomy, especially on the drums/lows. I'm just not used to IEM's. Hoping they calm down after more use.

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #140 of 196
The M-Duo seem a bit boomy, especially on the drums/lows. I'm just not used to IEM's. Hoping they calm down after more use.

They do, quite nicely in fact. As with most (all) IEM they do require burn in. 
etysmile.gif

May 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #142 of 196
Niyologist or other members who own or listened to both M-Duo and JVC FXT90...
Can you provide some direct comparison of these two phones?

Reading through the thread, I get an impression these two have similar sounds.
I want to buy one of these two and would appreciate some input on how they are similar, and more importantly, how they are different: detail, claririty, sparkle, bass, mid, high and the size of sound stage.
I bought Brainwavz R1 (a dual driver iem) for my son before and both he and I felt the mid was a bit too recessed on R1 for our taste and soundstage was kind of small, not giving you "the out of head" feel.
I have XEars XE200Pro and I enjoy these for "out of headness" but am looking for a step-up from this with more confortable form factor.

I saw the FXT90, due to side-by-side placement of drivers, seem to have a shallow form factor.  Do you think JVC can be worn while sleeping?
I assume that with more tubular form factor, M-Duo would not work well for falling asleep with them on.
I use CX300 to when I go to bed but sound leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks

May 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #143 of 196
I own both. The M Duo has a similar sound to the JVC's but I find the Duo's to be more aggressive all around. The JVC's are not bass light but the Duo's hit harder on the lows, sounding more impactful. I personally find the Duo's a little more mid recessed and both can be sibilant at high volumes.

The JVC's sound airier and a little more spacious while the Duo sounds more forward. Clarity and detail on both are very good to my ears.

Hope this helps!

May 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #145 of 196
MDFMK,
Thanks for your helpful input. Do you think if JVC can be worn while sleeping.  I am ok if they fall out and curious if they will hurt if you turn over to side.   Thanks

May 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #146 of 196
  MDFMK,
Thanks for your helpful input. Do you think if JVC can be worn while sleeping.  I am ok if they fall out and curious if they will hurt if you turn over to side.   Thanks

I'm probably not the best judge on this since I don't sleep with IEMs in.  However, I tried doing so last night with the JVC's.  They didn't fall out, but when I rolled to my side it did put a little pressure on my ear; not to a painful level, but enough to become a bit annoying.  I'd probably prefer something a little more sleek and small were I to choose a pair of IEMs for sleeping in.

I wouldn't let that dissuade you from buying them, though, unless being able to sleep in the JVC's are a top priority.

May 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #147 of 196
Hit the nail on the head. Aggressive Upper Midrange and Treble, but softer Lower Midrange and Enhanced Bass. Eventually, the FR starts looking like a mixture of the MTPC/A161/FXT90 put together (I checked the FR on InnerFidelity for those IEMs). With the detail closer to the FXT90.

I'm new to IEMs. what does the description "aggressive" or "sharp" mean in the context of upper midrange and treble?

May 28, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #150 of 196

I'm new to IEMs. what does the description "aggressive" or "sharp" mean in the context of upper midrange and treble?

aggressive: Forward and bright sonic character.

sharp: piercing high pitched sound. Normally found at the Upper Midrange to lower treble registers. Related to the term "brilliance". 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back