[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #181 of 964
Quote:
The second two measure much better than the first two in terms of channel matching.  Don't know what's going on there. No real advice at the moment...except maybe don't buy a purple one. That seems like pretty stupid advice, though.

LOL, funny thing is that in the realm of science, that still qualifies as a valid data point.  Small sample size kills any conclusions though.  But by virtue of being a data point its still better than absolutely nothing.  Would be absolutely hilarious if it turned out that purple ones were failing to meet measurement targets in a statistically significant way though.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #185 of 964
Quote:
That Logitech QC is not up to snuff and that includes their headphones.

Well, their mice (as with Microsofts) are manufactured by one of the largest peripheral factories in all of china, though I'm not too sure about headphones specifically. (Not my field, but I'm pretty sure these are made else where).

A lot of the time, you're dealing with multiple OEMs (typically shared with other competitors) when it comes to 1 brand as a "whole". Quality control or general quality can differ if a company wants different tiers, makes product changes, or moves production elsewhere. In logitechs case, I don't think they're worried about the longevity of most of the mice until they reach the high end gaming segment. (Of course, they have a different approach and R&D with different products, but i'm talking about mice specifically)

With that said, I'm quite neutral with general quality of their lower end gaming mice as theres a lot of cost cutting compared to other mice within the general MSRP, though thats not to say that the specific factory can't "do better". Logitech just takes a different approach towards the market. Specifically offering a level of support I haven't really seen with other companies.

Edit: tl;dr:  I wouldn't compare mice to headphones ^^

Sorry to go off topic!

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #186 of 964
Quote:
No, sounds like your plug needs to go in further.  I have blue plastic from the plug inside the black of the headphone, no gold plate.

Just got a pair today and had this exact same issue. But after reading this exchange I just took the plug and really jammed it into the socket and it clicked! Definitely takes a lot more force than I originally expected.

Anyway, can't say I'm as psyched about these as you guys have been. The mid bass hump is just killing me. I like my sound rather mid-centric so the bass is just too overbearing to my ears. Makes the mids sound too congested and dull. I much prefer the sound of the Amperiors when I auditioned them a while back and liked the PSB M4U2 as well. Just noticed that the M4U1 is now available so will probably return these to get those. Craigster75, have you tried the 1 yet? Are they exactly the same as the 2 but w/out the active noise cancellation?

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #187 of 964
At first, I didn't like them, but I really think they need a burn in.  At first I switched around with the m-80 and felt the m-80 was just way better, but as I listen more to the UE 6000.  It is starting to grow on me.  Give it some time, but it doesn't help that I'm using an ipod nano either.  I'm waiting for my hisound studio 3rd gens to come in.  That dap will definitely give these cans justice :)

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #188 of 964
I am looking at the UE 6000 verses the Akg K550's. I wanted them to be a versitle headphone that I can use on my Piano, playstayion and computer for HD movies, gaming and Music. I want the headphones which are the best all-rounders. I wouldn't classify myself as an audiphile but would like a pair that are comfortable and versitile. I have read and watched many reviews and am still unsure about which ones to get. The noise cancellation isn't a big deal for me but I do want a closed back design for isolation. I am worried that the base on the ue6000 will be too unrefined and boomy. If anyone can just give me any suggestions that would be great! 

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #190 of 964
Quote:

Just noticed that the M4U1 is now available so will probably return these to get those. Craigster75, have you tried the 1 yet? Are they exactly the same as the 2 but w/out the active noise cancellation?

I have not tried the M4U1, but everything I have read indicated it is the M4U2 with just passive mode.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #191 of 964
Quote:
At first, I didn't like them, but I really think they need a burn in.  At first I switched around with the m-80 and felt the m-80 was just way better, but as I listen more to the UE 6000.  It is starting to grow on me.  Give it some time, but it doesn't help that I'm using an ipod nano either.  I'm waiting for my hisound studio 3rd gens to come in.  That dap will definitely give these cans justice :)

As  I mentioned earlier, BIG improvement with an amp.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #192 of 964
Quote:
I am looking at the UE 6000 verses the Akg K550's. I wanted them to be a versitle headphone that I can use on my Piano, playstayion and computer for HD movies, gaming and Music. I want the headphones which are the best all-rounders. I wouldn't classify myself as an audiphile but would like a pair that are comfortable and versitile. I have read and watched many reviews and am still unsure about which ones to get. The noise cancellation isn't a big deal for me but I do want a closed back design for isolation. I am worried that the base on the ue6000 will be too unrefined and boomy. If anyone can just give me any suggestions that would be great! 

For me the UE6000 was a no-brainer, but I lean towards bass appreciation (as opposed to a full-blown basshead) and a smoother sound.  If you prefer more pronounced highs with a little more detail, and bass punch is not as much of an issue for you, you may prefer the K550.  I find the UE6000 much more comfortable with a superior seal and they are $100 less expensive.  In the end, it is personal preference since these, IMO, have a very different sound.  If you haven't tried the K550, it is available for demo in the Magnolia section at Best Buy.

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #193 of 964
I am currently in doubt of buying the UE6000 or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. Looking at the graphs at Innerfidelity the UE6000 doesn't seem to have a lot of high frequencies...the graph shows it even has a lot less highs than the Senn HD650, and that has a reputation of being "veiled"...can somebody give me some advise please?

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #194 of 964
Quote:
I am currently in doubt of buying the UE6000 or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. Looking at the graphs at Innerfidelity the UE6000 doesn't seem to have a lot of high frequencies...the graph shows it even has a lot less highs than the Senn HD650, and that has a reputation of being "veiled"...can somebody give me some advise please?

I detest a dark or veiled sound and IMO there is nothing dark or veiled about the sound of the UE6000.  Conversely, I similarly dislike the other extreme, such as the Ultrasone PRO 900 which is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.  I also find Beyers and Grado too bright for my taste.  I find the UE6000, again IMO, hits that perfect balance and consider them among the most netural headphone I have heard regarding mids and highs, perhaps with a slight warm tilt. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #195 of 964
Ok, I'm thinking on getting the UE6000's.

That or its between the AKG K500's or the B&W P5's.

The only thing about the UE6000's that I'm not really feeling is the almost all plastic build. That's why I'm really leaning towards the P5's! 

So in your opinion, if I were to get either, would it be a satisfied upgraded from the mess that are Studio Beats by Dre? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back