[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #151 of 964
Quote:
Could someone please meassure the inner diameter of the pads?
The momentum for example is too small for my ears.

1 3/8" wide x 2 1/4" high.I have worn both.  I can only conclude Momentum's earpads were intentionally designed to be so small as they are significantly smaller than any other self-titled circumaural headphone.  The UE6000 earpad is true circumaural size, similar to other circumaural headphones.  I consider myself to have above average sized ears and the UE6000 is a great fit with even a little room.  Also, the oval shape provides a much better seal and more comfort than fully round pads IMO.

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #152 of 964
Quote:
Could someone please meassure the inner diameter of the pads?
The momentum for example is too small for my ears.

Yes Please. I second this request, and for the same reason. Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time do so. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #154 of 964
Quote:

Something odd took place last night. I was getting disenchanted with a number of my headphones (including the UE6000, which was bugging me with its mid/upper bass) and for some reason, I decided to change the interconnect going to the source to the Graham Slee amp. Probably an act of desperation.

I returned to the UE6000 and the area between the upper bass and midrange (which I had found problematic) was much clearer and open, and the bass range was tighter and more dynamic. There is still somewhat of a bass lift but it is no longer intrusive in the midrange and actually makes for a musical flavour which is appealing.

Shame on me for blaming the messenger. I think I am now hearing the UE6000 in the manner in which you are.

That's good to hear, pardon the pun.  I didn't realize the cable could have that much impact on sound.

I experienced this twice first with HD650 cable second time when switched AudioQuest GoldenGate to WireWorld Luna 6 interconnect to connect Asgard to DragonFly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #155 of 964
I am glad I waited out the initial new batch of headphones. I look forward to hearing these. Just ordered. Thanks to all the guys with your impressions.

I do plan on getting Sony's newest as well. Will write up a little comparo.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #158 of 964
These should be here in 2 days or so.  I was just wondering how well these work amped/unamped.  Would a $100 dac/amp greatly improve performance or does it sound just fine without it? 

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #159 of 964
Quote:
That's good to hear, pardon the pun.  I didn't realize the cable could have that much impact on sound.

I think the Kimber cable I was using just happened to have a midbass emphasis character right at the same spot as the UE6000 and there was a clash of sorts.

So now a mid/upper bass coloration has been replaced by a sense of power and foundation.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #160 of 964
Just a little update:

After telling Logitech I had problems with the UE4000 they sent me two more pair.  (The first two were purple, the second two, one black one white.)

The second two measure much better than the first two in terms of channel matching.  Don't know what's going on there. No real advice at the moment...except maybe don't buy a purple one. That seems like pretty stupid advice, though.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #161 of 964
Quote:
These should be here in 2 days or so.  I was just wondering how well these work amped/unamped.  Would a $100 dac/amp greatly improve performance or does it sound just fine without it? 

They are 32ohm and in passive mode my Iphone is near full volume if I am in a festive mood.  An amp will make a fairly noticeable improvement if you are using a portable player.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #162 of 964
I just picked these boys up at my local apple store. I was so anticipating the m-100 but i missed preorder so looks like I won't get till next year, but anyways these cans are surprisingly good.

One question though what's with the 3.5 jack connection to the headphones? I can't push it all the way in. Is mine defective. This is very annoying, so every time I move it gets loose so I only hear from one ear...

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #165 of 964
@Tyll Hertsens

All of my Logitech webcams/mice/headsets/flight sticks went the way of the dodo, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true with their headphones

I'm not a Microsoft fanboy by any means, but I've had far fewer issues with Microsoft headsets with those of Logitech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back