[Review] Kicker eb141
Nov 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hojomojo96

100+ Head-Fier
[size=medium]So, the kickers came in today, November 9, 2010, at 5:47 PM Eastern time. Here’s my PRE BURN-IN review:[/size]

[size=medium]Packaging: [/size]
[size=medium]Quite nice packaging, a paper box, flimsy plastic surrounding the headphones. Very good looking, and it serves its purpose. Nothing special here.[/size]
[size=medium]4/5[/size]

[size=medium]Build Quality:[/size]
[size=medium]This is where I was impressed. Yes, the actual buds are made of plastic, but they feel VERY sturdy. The cord is similar to rope, seems strong, and hardy. [/size]
[size=medium]5/5[/size]

[size=medium]Microphonics and Sound Isolation:[/size]
[size=medium]Due to the cord, microphonics are not a huge problem, but they are there.[/size]
[size=medium]As far as sound isolation goes, I am impressed, but not overly. The seal does not seem to take well, but they isolate outside noise quite well when using the “Comply foam tips”. I listen to my music at the bare minimum on my itouch, and can barely hear outside noise such as the TV. [/size]
[size=medium]4/5[/size]

[size=medium]Fit and Comfort:[/size]
[size=medium]They are comfortable, light, but not so light that you don’t realize they are there. The whole IEM DEFINETLY does not fit into your ear, but I don’t have a problem with this. [/size]
[size=medium]*Note: It has been said you need a large ear canal to wear these. I have a large ear canal, and they fit perfectly.[/size]
[size=medium]4/5[/size]

[size=medium]Sound:[/size]
[size=medium]*Note: This is BEFORE burn-in[/size]
[size=medium]The sound is very good. I hear crisp treble and mids, and punchy bass. There is a good amount of detail, as I heard parts of the music I had never heard before. However, these IEM’s are most definitely bass-focused. I don’t think I qualify as a basshead, but I enjoy a good amount of bass. The amount of bass on these was perfect for me. The mids are nice: They seem lush, warm, and deep. Treble is there, but nothing special. It’s good, but nothing to rave about.[/size]
[size=medium]The soundstage seems large, although this is my first review. The only other non-stock earphones I have tried out are Skullcandys (>.<) and IE-8’s. Nonetheless, I am impressed by the soundstage.[/size]
[size=medium]4/5[/size]

[size=medium]Conclusion:[/size]
[size=medium]I will not write up a final conclusion until burn-in is completed. However, as of now, I am happy with them, and would recommend them to others. [/size]

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 7
nice. sounds good. any pics or them? price? specs?

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Nov 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 7
look like bass monsters.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 7
lol, yeah. They have quite a bit of bass, and I have a feeling that it will increase even more after burn-in.

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Update:
After less than 5 hours of burn-in, the sound has improved greatly. Bass has increased. It is big, booming, and all around amazing. Mids and Highs are becoming clearer as well. Volume has increased a good deal.

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Here we go:

The Kickers have now burnt in for over 30 hours, and have vastly improved.

[size=medium]Microphonics and Sound Isolation:[/size]
[size=medium][size=small][THIS HAS CHANGED FROM THE LAST REVIEW][/size][/size]
[size=medium]Due to the cord, microphonics are not a huge problem, but they are there.[/size]
[size=medium]As far as sound isolation goes, I am impressed. It seems it take a bit of practice to get a good seal every time, but when you do, the isolation is rewarding. I can't hear the TV or my parents with the volume at the absolute low.[/size]
[size=medium]4.5/5[/size]

[size=medium]Sound:[/size]
[size=medium][size=small][THIS HAS CHANGED FROM THE LAST REVIEW][/size][/size]
[size=medium]*Note: This is AFTER burn-in[/size]
[size=medium]The sound has increased tenfold in quality.[/size]

[size=medium]Bass:[/size]
[size=medium]It's big, there, and in your face. This is where these IEM's stand out. I haven't heard IEM's with this kind of bass quality, including my friends burnt in IE-8's.[/size]

[size=medium]Mids:[/size]
[size=medium]Good quality. Very clear, but slightly recessed. This generally isn't a problem until you hit a song that already had recessed mids.[/size]

[size=medium]Highs:[/size]
[size=medium]Crisp and clear, couldn't ask for more.[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]5/5[/size]

[size=medium]Conclusion[/size]

[size=medium]All in all, these are AMAZING earphones for the price. They feel durable, as if they'll last awhile, and are great for indoor OR outdoor use. The sound quality will be hard to best in this price range. All in all, they seem like a great value for anyone looking for sub-50 dollar headphones. Heck, I'd buy these for $75 or more.[/size]

[size=medium]Do I recommend these IEM's?[/size]
[size=medium]Yes, go out and buy them. Now.[/size]

[size=medium]Overall score:[/size]
[size=medium]Pre Burn In : 4.2/5[/size]
[size=medium]After Burn In: 4.5/5[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back