REVIEW: Keces DA-151 DAC 800+ hours burn-in
Aug 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #302 of 311
I decided to bump this thread just to let you guys know that David of Keces provides excellent customer service. I now own the 151 (bought it 2nd hand) and I had a very small technical issue which David was quick to respond to and ultimately it's fine now and I'm enjoying this very nice sounding DAC. I bit of a departure from the analytical DacMagic (which I enjoyed as well) in that it's not as bright but on the other hand the 151 is more "musical" (I don't know if that's the right word).

If there's anyone still undecided about buying this DAC, stop! Go for it! I'm thinking this might be a good DAC to pair with Grado's. I'm thinking it'll help balance out Grado's usual bright signature. I will know in a few days when I get my amp.

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #303 of 311
Hello Roker,

Thanks for the compliment, second hand or not, out of warranty or not, I think the least I can do is to help the users to resolve the problem.

Of course, as an music lover and electronics tinkerer myself, discussions related to such are also welcomed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #304 of 311
I've already pm'ed Maniac about this but checking his profile he hasn't been online for quite a while... so:

I will be having an LD MK III and an HD650. My source is pc and ipod playing only FLAC/ALAC. The question is:

- any win/mac/linux pc with usb will work, right?
- if I have this on my iPod, will it work?

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #305 of 311
PM replied, DA-151/151 Mk2 will work with basically any recent win/mac/linux machines, I'd say within the last 5 to 7 years should be pretty safe. As for Ipod, that connection is only for ipod to dock to a PC, and will not work in any other way, including connecting to a USB DAC or the like.

Thanks

PS: I mostly monitor the forums via the reminder email that the forum sent out automatically, I don't check out the forums as often at the moment, but I still answer all questions directed to me via email, PM or some of the thread that I have subscribed as fast as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Davod

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #306 of 311
Wake up, old thread!!!

I'm curious as to what are the dac's that people who owned the Keces had upgraded to, or did you kept the unit.

p.s. Maniac you've got pm~!

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #307 of 311
Quote:
Wake up, old thread!!!

I'm curious as to what are the dac's that people who owned the Keces had upgraded to, or did you kept the unit.

Well, after KECES slowly wind down their original product line, we were actively working on new DACs (not from KECES). :wink:

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #308 of 311
Quote:
Wake up, old thread!!!

I upgraded from the DA-151 to the DA-152 DAC/AMP combo over four years ago. I haven't upgraded from the DA-152 since, because I've been very happy with it.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #310 of 311
I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but I recently stumbled on a nice (and highly favorable) comparison of the keces with several other dacs in the same range over on the polk forums.  Figured the keces owners here might enjoy skimming it: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?133568-Entry-Level-DAC-Comparison-Results

Like Redo, I am still happily listening to my keces 131 w/ LME49710 op-amps, in my main hd800 rig, on a nightly basis 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I think the enjoythemusic review nailed it in its description and high praise of this great little dac.

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #311 of 311
Also happily listening to a Keces DA-152 at work and a Keces HA-171 with the Pecahtree iDac at home.  The iDac does add some nice detail over the DA-152.  Overall I still love the punchy nature of these amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back