[Review] JDS Labs Objective2 Amp
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #31 of 60
True Shigzeo, but I doubt the Ibasso has the same distortion numbers.

Besides, try to run the same headphones from both amps, and you might not get the same results. The O2 can run almost everything, independently from electrical specifications. Some even use it with a HE500 ...
Quote:
There are many amps that are perfectly flat when driving no load. Add load to the signal and you get wild fluctuations. Some, however, don't at all. The iBasso T3/D is one, another is the cricri from Hippo audio. Same with Martini+. They may not hold up quite as well as the o2, they may hold up just as well. But hiss is one area where the o2 really really shines. It's true- getting flat FR is very very easy in that price range. I'd say it's harder to get a tilted frequency response.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #32 of 60
I got to hear this amp this past weekend and must say I was deeply impressed with it, so much so that I feel you would have to go to something like my Blackbird to get any significant gain in sound quality.

It was head and shoulders above the schiit lyr in my opinion in terms of musicality and enjoyment, sounded great with LCD2's and my FAD Piano Forte IX's ( yes, it is that capable that it shines really well with $1300 earphones!)

Very very impressed and one of the few things hyped here on headfi that deserves fully that hype!

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #33 of 60
Anyone have updates on a desktop version? I've been toying around with getting the parts to build my own O2 and configure it so that it can be housed in a desktop case, but with no skills in amp building, not sure how well that would work.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #34 of 60
O2/ODAC owner here (see signature for pics)... I can only say WOW. The balance, neutrality and level of detail is pretty impressive!

At first, I thought it lacks a little bit more of "impact" but then realised it's because of the neutrality. O2/ODAC just let music sound as it is supposed to sound without any bass emphasising or other tricks to "improve" the experience.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #35 of 60
Anyone have updates on a desktop version? I've been toying around with getting the parts to build my own O2 and configure it so that it can be housed in a desktop case, but with no skills in amp building, not sure how well that would work.
You could get a populated board and place it into the enclosure of your choice. Would still take some work to fit the connections but easier than doing the entire build.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #36 of 60
Quote:
You could get a populated board and place it into the enclosure of your choice. Would still take some work to fit the connections but easier than doing the entire build.

That's what I was thinking of doing but I'd have to desolder some parts and resolder them to get my plan to work. I know the O2 is supposed to be a portable amp, but I hate how everything is located on the front. I wouldn't want that for a desktop amp.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #37 of 60
I'm waiting for a full desktop amp too before I buy one. I've heard the portable, and it is great, but I can't stand the way it looks with my decor (and my other amps are fine as well SQ wise and great look wise!).

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #38 of 60
I am waiting for this also. It feels like I have been waiting for a long time, with no updates from you know who.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #40 of 60
I think Stefan from Head 'n' Fi did something what most of us were waiting for: http://www.headnhifi.com/welcome-to-2014.htmlO2+ODAC Headphone Amplifier / DAC combo - full mod and Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amplifier - Desktop version.

The new O2 looks terrific and RCA IN & OUT plugs and the big headphone out plug means a real upgrade for many of the potential buyers. Now, I'm kinda sorry that I bought last year the "regular" O2 version (actually the DIY one), but I'll try to modd mine myself pretty soon. :)

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #41 of 60
I've got the Desktop version here and it's lovely. I also have their ODAC XL.

:) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back