Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Nov 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #318 of 341
Is there any sonic differences between the wood version and the normal one?
And is the sub-bass rolled off on SD5?
I had a chat with their team during canjam Shanghai, there is no sonic difference between the normal housing and wood housing, the construction is the same.

Nov 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #319 of 341
Jazza517 is wright.
There is no sound difference between classic and wood.
Sub-bas is ok...unlike Prophile 8.
You can read about it here: https://headfonics.com/2018/07/inear-stagediver-5-review/2/
By the way...InEar Prophile 8 sounds amazing.
SD-5 is better to buy in wood version because acryl is a bit fragile.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #320 of 341
I´m deciding to buy InEar StageDiver SD-5,EarSonics ES5 or EarSonics S-EM9. :)

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #322 of 341
From what I've read, the ES5 may lack some body and mid-bass impact, while SD5 seems quite the opposite.
If you buy them both, please share some impressions.

My plan is to buy only one. :L3000:

May 9, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #324 of 341
I'm new to this brand (and back looking at IEMs after several years). Can someone give me the rundown of the Prophile 8 and the SD5s? Where in the US would you recommend buying them from if I wanted to try them?

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #326 of 341
Currently waiting on delivery of the SD5. Any recommendations for a bang for buck cable (assuming the stock one is as poor as I keep reading)?

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #327 of 341
Currently waiting on delivery of the SD5. Any recommendations for a bang for buck cable (assuming the stock one is as poor as I keep reading)?
I'm interested as well.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #328 of 341
@leaky74 @Rodmunch

If you're on a budget, I'd say it's definitely worth browsing AliExpress these days. I have found and bought some upgrade OEM cables that are used rebranded as stock by better known brands and sold for twice the price. Also worth recommending are some Chi-Fi IEMs. The TinHiFi P1 has an excellent SPC cable with the lowest impedance I have yet measured. It's with MMCX connections by default but I am pretty sure you can find it with 2-Pin also.

The reason you'd want to upgrade from the default cable is because it has noticeable crosstalk. I mentioned this while reviewing the SD5 a while back and when it is clearly audible, it is severe enough to hurt soundstage and layering.

Jan 17, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #330 of 341
@leaky74 @Rodmunch

If you're on a budget, I'd say it's definitely worth browsing AliExpress these days. I have found and bought some upgrade OEM cables that are used rebranded as stock by better known brands and sold for twice the price. Also worth recommending are some Chi-Fi IEMs. The TinHiFi P1 has an excellent SPC cable with the lowest impedance I have yet measured. It's with MMCX connections by default but I am pretty sure you can find it with 2-Pin also.

The reason you'd want to upgrade from the default cable is because it has noticeable crosstalk. I mentioned this while reviewing the SD5 a while back and when it is clearly audible, it is severe enough to hurt soundstage and layering.

Thanks; have been having a look through the bang for buck cable thread and Aliexpress but was curious if anyone had found anything that has particularly good synergy with the SD5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back