[Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 102

Quote:
Nice read! Though I avoid "to listening on one headphone and burning in another". It is like listening a hybrid, produced by complex dynamic load.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, care to elaborate? 

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 102
I'm leaning more toward the E10 (and  the ZO, but thats a slightly different beast) ATM - I just dont own any amps which fit into the 'dark, bassy' basket. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #23 of 102
Very nice review!
I was wondering, have you used it with Grado's?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #24 of 102

Quote:
Anyone who can compare the D-zero to the D4, DAC only and DAC/AMP.

I actually have, I personally don't think it's worth the jump, but the D4 is slightly cleaner sounding with a better amp. The D4 is better in every aspect, but not $100 better.

Quote:
Very nice review!
I was wondering, have you used it with Grado's?

I think the D-Zero would be too bright for any Grado.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #26 of 102

Quote:
I actually have, I personally don't think it's worth the jump, but the D4 is slightly cleaner sounding with a better amp. The D4 is better in every aspect, but not $100 better.

I allready own a D4 (with OPA1612) , but I am looking for a more portable solution on-the-go. I will connect it to my Nokia C7 as a DAC+AMP. Now I am using the Corda MOVE but the soundstage is very small. The DAC in the move is not that great. A real pity because the Amp itself is awesome. 

Unfortunately somehow the D4 refuses to work on my C7 as a DAC. I still need to retest it with fully charged batteries but still. I do hope the D-Zero works, other users have confirmed the Fiio E7 works on the Nokia C7 and N8 as DAC.
If the D4 worked, I would buy the iBasso D7 to connect to my laptop and use the D4 on my Nokia phone.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #27 of 102

I'd be interested to hear comparisons of the d-zero and the e7/e9 combo too.
Quote:
This might not be a fair question, but how does the d-zero compare to a e7/e9 combo?  the idea of adding an E9 to an E7 gives me a sense of more power without being refined.  but if a d-zero already does that and not overly so, it seems like a great alternative for me.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #30 of 102

Quote:
Can anyone tell me which amp would suit a pair of triplefi 10s better? The Ibasso Dzero or Fiio E7? I am planning to get one of these amps to use with my Ipod touch 4G and computer.

I'd like to know too, as I'm looking at doing a similar setup with an iPod 5.5g.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back