[Review] HiFiMAN RE262 - Sophisticated and Beautiful
Jan 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #61 of 342
Whoa!!! @ the RE262 plugged directly into E10. Now I like the E10/E9 combo in giving a greater soundstage, but the directly into the E10 (It can drive up to 300 ohms with no problem) gives even more depth of intrumentation and 3-D sound. Very nice weight. Drums are simply amazing!! I'm loving it. This will be my main home rig (alternating between this and the 1964). And with the bass boost on it's just wonderful!!

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #62 of 342

Quote:
Whoa!!! @ the RE262 plugged directly into E10. Now I like the E10/E9 combo in giving a greater soundstage, but the directly into the E10 (It can drive up to 300 ohms with no problem) gives even more depth of intrumentation and 3-D sound. Very nice weight. Drums are simply amazing!! I'm loving it. This will be my main home rig (alternating between this and the 1964). And with the bass boost on it's just wonderful!!

how are the drums shaping up compaired to the gro7 buddy ?
never mind ,i just read your sonic bliss post on the previous page 
etysmile.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #63 of 342

Quote:

how are the drums shaping up compaired to the gro7 buddy ?
never mind ,i just read your sonic bliss post on the previous page 
etysmile.gif

LOL... I still love the GR07 (and I'm not selling it!!)....lol.. The RE262 does have way better drums, but it is not a portable IEM to me (I really don't like lugging portable amps around, although I do it on occasion....)...

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #65 of 342
I would not buy nor support any Hifiman products until they improve the quality of their products. Do a search and you'll see lots of people complaining about spontaneous breakage, loss of sound, etc, much more frequently than other brands.
On top of that, their customer service is nonexistent.  They unfortunately do nothing but perpetuate the stereotype of their locale of origin.  You have been warned.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #66 of 342
I've RMA'd with Head-Direct before and had no issues.  Most of those complaints pertain to the RE0.  There are plenty of complaints of similar happening with other manufacturers and particular models (Sunrise and Xears to name two).  Sorry for your apparent issue but there really is no purpose or reason to post anything about stereotypes and origin.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #67 of 342

Quote:
I would not buy nor support any Hifiman products until they improve the quality of their products. Do a search and you'll see lots of people complaining about spontaneous breakage, loss of sound, etc, much more frequently than other brands.
On top of that, their customer service is nonexistent.  They unfortunately do nothing but perpetuate the stereotype of their locale of origin.  You have been warned.

Looking at your past posts on this forum seems like you feel the same way about quite a few other manufacturers as well...too many to name! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #68 of 342

Quote:

I've had to return the W4 in less than two months of owning it, so this can happen with any product anywhere. Actually you are the first I've read about issues with HIFIMAN. I think I had a defective TF10 and is probably the reason I hated it initially. I like the one I have not quite a bit. So I'll take my chances. Yours and a few select others' experiences don't have to be the same for the majority. Now if the majority of HiFIMAN owners reported this then I would have some concerns. As for now....well happy listening.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #69 of 342

I bought an RE0 about seven months ago from HiFiMan and the RE262 about three months ago.  I used/use both extensively.. I never had or have a SINGLE issue with either.  Both have been as durable as my GR07.

You've been warned.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #71 of 342

Quote:
He he , Your not fooling anybody ,its only a matter of time ......
wink_face.gif

Stop saying that luco.. The GR07 is not going anywhere.. Really... I love the GR07's sound (not like...LOVE!!)..  I've already stated what I would like to sell>> SM2, EX600

Keeping the GR07, FXT90, W4. The 7550 would be the only one that I feel I really want to keep but I might let go. Why? Well those three listed prior (along with the 262) will render the 7550 a bit lonely and not getting a lot of listening time.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #72 of 342

Quote:
I bought an RE0 about seven months ago from HiFiMan and the RE262 about three months ago.  I used/use both extensively.. I never had or have a SINGLE issue with either.  Both have been as durable as my GR07.

You've been warned.

X2.... Thanks FlySweep for really knowing my sound signature!! LOL ....
beerchug.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #73 of 342
Let me put it to you this way @ luco, buddy, the day you read that I bought the PFE232 for $600 will be the day that you will know the GR07 is up for sale (same day and same time).. Now wait for it....LOL

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #74 of 342

Quote:
Let me put it to you this way @ luco, buddy, the day you read that I bought the PFE232 for $600 will be the day that you will know the GR07 is up for sale (same day and same time).. Now wait for it....LOL

RE262's ordered.. I should know better by now..
eek.gif
  Every time I check in Eric's got a new favorite.. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back