REVIEW: HiFiMAN HM-901 vs Astell&Kern AK120 vs Monster Audio MA9.
Jan 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

00lunar

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I just did my first review on Head-fi.org. It's in my signature or if someone is lazy, here's the direct link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-hm-901/reviews/10342#comments-title

Anyway, I'd like to contribute some materials to Head-fi.org, that's why feedback of this community is so darn important to me. Folks, if you'd be so kind and share your feedback regarding my article (if you're interested in it, that is), I'd appreciate it
atsmile.gif

I hope that I don't violate (hah) any forum laws by this thread. If so, my apologies.

Here's small teaser
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you. Good word is always appreciated :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you. Good word is always appreciated :)

00lunar, overall, a very good and thorough review (obviously not your first). On your request for feedback, couple things: it went a little long. I always proofread my own reviews...if I get tired or bored, I know I need to trim. Second, nothing wrong with your English, just maybe have a buddy proof it for you (my wife does a great job...you can't use her : )

All in all, great review...Im going tomorrow to an audio shop in Portland to audition 2 of these players for the Hifiman HE-400. I like the AK because of the DAC/dock option...I currently use a MacBook Pro for home and iPhone for travel and its not a good system...AK would solve that, sort of. I expect to like the SQ of the 901 better, but it will come down to whether the amplification in the AK is sufficient, if so, it's got almost everything else going for it...except price. But hell, both of them are too expensive so either is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back