REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Feb 22, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #706 of 1,534

Quote:
Hi,

I know there is a dedicated post on another section of this nice forum, but it has been of no use to me.

I would like to have your feedback regarding the compatibility of SDHC cards with your HM-601, which seems to be different than with the 801.

I have just bought a 32 GB Kingston class 4  card which is totally not compatible with the 601, which get crazy everytime it is plugged in...

Considering I don't want to waste another bucks for nothing, could you tell me which cards work correctly with your device ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have a 16 GB class 4 Kingston card, compatible this time.

Look at the SDHC cards thread for HM-801. The compatibility between the 601 and 801 should be the same.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #707 of 1,534

Quote:
Did you flip your switch on the DAP to USB?  Are you plugged into the Data/Exc port or the USB DAC?  I'm hesitant to answer as the last time I tried to help someone w/ their 602 I was banished for 30 days.  If that doesn't work PM me.

Sorry I use the HM 601. THere is no DAP or USB switch. There's only one port, the data/exc port. Kinda weird I hope I dont have to RMA again. I will not be pleased!

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #710 of 1,534

Quote:
Sorry I use the HM 601. THere is no DAP or USB switch. There's only one port, the data/exc port. Kinda weird I hope I dont have to RMA again. I will not be pleased!

Oh righto.  How are you unplugging your device from the PC?  Just pulling off the connector?

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #712 of 1,534

Quote:
yeah. Its how I always do it with any usb drive. Think that is an issue? hmm

Yeah if you don't undock you can wipe or corrupt your memory and need to reformat/partition it.  May or may not be the case here.  Assuming no permanent damage of course.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #714 of 1,534

Quote:
What problems are you having? I'm also using a 32 gb kingston class 4 and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your answer. My problem is simple: it freezes everytime I want to play a file out of the card. Sometimes the screen even turns white and even hard reset doesn't turn it off. The only way is to plug it to the AC outlet... The only format that the card sometimes read is low quality mp3 !

I don't know why your cards work correctly, I'm jealous !

If only there wasn't so many problems with this wonderful sounding device...

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #718 of 1,534
After a two weeks break, I am definitely coming back to the ever growing club of unsatisfied 601 owners.

(I've already had one replaced...)

Like Lubanja, now I can't put any files on my 8 GB flash drive. It keeps on self ejecting after a few seconds.

I really want to get rid of this thing now but the worst thing with these devices is that one can't even sell them on ebay, because they don't actually work as advertised !

They are just stuffed with bugs, but this is considered to be normal by the Hifiman standards !

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #719 of 1,534
My plan is just to RMA it as much as possible. 1 year warranty, any time it breaks make them send a new one til I get a good one. lol. I have been very pleased with this product for the last month or so, since my new one arrived. It sounds very good and, despite the anythingbutipodiots opinion, and I have stuck my neck out protecting the HM601. I just dont understand how there can be so many lemmons in a product line. It seems like everyone on here has some kind of issue with theirs not working perfectly. For such a premium price I expected better. If this were a $100 player I would be more lenient.

Quote:
After a two weeks break, I am definitely coming back to the ever growing club of unsatisfied 601 owners.

(I've already had one replaced...)

Like Lubanja, now I can't put any files on my 8 GB flash drive. It keeps on self ejecting after a few seconds.

I really want to get rid of this thing now but the worst thing with these devices is that one can't even sell them on ebay, because they don't actually work as advertised !

They are just stuffed with bugs, but this is considered to be normal by the Hifiman standards !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back