REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Dec 15, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #302 of 1,534
I come to this site when I have the need and am in the market for a purchase.

So this 601 has caught my eye. But I've just read 20 pages and many different iem's have been discussed regarding their compatibility with each other. Yet nobody has discussed the item that it is packaged with (unless I missed it somewhere) - the RE Zeros.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #303 of 1,534

Quote:
I come to this site when I have the need and am in the market for a purchase.

So this 601 has caught my eye. But I've just read 20 pages and many different iem's have been discussed regarding their compatibility with each other. Yet nobody has discussed the item that it is packaged with (unless I missed it somewhere) - the RE Zeros.

Search around.  The REZero is discussed all over the place.  Its very well regarded.  You'd be hard pressed to find someone that said they don't like them.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #304 of 1,534
The RE-Zero is great. Outside of the RE262 and 602 bundle a few months ago you will not find a better bundled earphone. The price of for the 601 and RE-Zero is an absolute steal if you know what the 601 is as well as what the RE-Zero. Also I  believe all new RE-Zero earphones will not come with a regular plug instead of a balanced so you don't need to deal with an adapter.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #306 of 1,534
Just curious but did anyone else from the USA receive a power cord that had a euro plug with a US adapter? I find that the total length with the US adapter is a bit tall so something it tilts and is no longer connected. I searched around my house and found an adapter that fits the 601. The specs are the same except where it says AC Input it is 0.3A max instead of 0.6A max which is what the 601 adapter had. I have no idea what it means but it should be safe to use with the 601 correct?

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #307 of 1,534
I have the euro plug version with the US adaptor. I believe that you should be fine using the 0.3A adaptor vs. the stock 0.6 amperes adaptor, it will just power the 601 less, if the voltage is the same with both adaptors which it should be, so this should just have the effect that the 601 will be charged relatively slower or maybe not at all.

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #308 of 1,534
Halo Effect: The tendency to judge all aspects of a person's behavior on the basis of a single attribute or characteristic. For example, if a supervisor gives a high rating to an employee on cooperation and, as a result also gives the employee high ratings on other unrelated dimensions of job behavior, the supervisor is exhibiting a positive halo." - straight out of my psychology licensing study materials!

Quote:
Class 2 is recommended I think...
HM-602 has not much synergy with the TF10, dunno about the SE530... (IMO, of course YMMV)
The difference between lossless and 320kbps mp3 is too subtle to notice. I myself couldn't even abx successfully a vbr 145kbps mp3 vs FLAC (using Lame 3.98, FA-003 & HM-602), let alone a 320kbps. If you notice anything, that is more or less halo effect(is this term correct?), of course, YMMV.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #309 of 1,534

Quote:
Halo Effect: The tendency to judge all aspects of a person's behavior on the basis of a single attribute or characteristic. For example, if a supervisor gives a high rating to an employee on cooperation and, as a result also gives the employee high ratings on other unrelated dimensions of job behavior, the supervisor is exhibiting a positive halo." - straight out of my psychology licensing study materials!

So my usage is... correct? 

please excuse my reading skills, I'm just a HS student, English is my second language, and my experience with native English speakers is quite limited, and I barely got a grade 7 (lower 11~20% in the entire school) on my English reading exam today.

Urgh. (yeah I just wanted to talk about me being sad about the test results
frown.gif
)

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #310 of 1,534
Your comments are quite comprehensible for me. If I were to take a Korean language exam, I would barely pass grade school level. Keep on reading and writing and I'm sure you'll see improvements. Fighting!

Quote:
So my usage is... correct? 

please excuse my reading skills, I'm just a HS student, English is my second language, and my experience with native English speakers is quite limited, and I barely got a grade 7 (lower 11~20% in the entire school) on my English reading exam today.

Urgh. (yeah I just wanted to talk about me being sad about the test results
frown.gif
)

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #311 of 1,534
"Fixed" the problem with the 601 forgetting it has an SD card loaded by swapping to a class 4 16Gb Kingston card, it works as it should. It also loads in my netbook twice as fast as the class 4 16Gb Sandisk card. Now have a spare 16Gb card for my camera (not that I've ever got close to filling the 16Gb card I already had)

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #313 of 1,534
:frowning2: Mine came with a bright green stuck pixel on the screen and 3 small pieces of lint under the glass of the screen are. Anyone else have this problem? I'm in the process of getting a replacement.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #315 of 1,534

Quote:
I have the euro plug version with the US adaptor. I believe that you should be fine using the 0.3A adaptor vs. the stock 0.6 amperes adaptor, it will just power the 601 less, if the voltage is the same with both adaptors which it should be, so this should just have the effect that the 601 will be charged relatively slower or maybe not at all.

Thanks. I charged it last night with the adapter I found in my house and haven't noticed anything out of the normal with charging times but then again the regular adapter charges really long as well. The one I found is much more convenient since I don't need to use a EU to US plug adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back