[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Feb 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,246 of 2,011
I ordered the Shure SE420 recently.Will these thrash the REO I allready own or will I be dissapointed?
I still can cancel the order,and I am a bit worried I will not like the sound.
Please some advice from owners of both IEM.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #1,247 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I am just listening the the RE0 amped for the first time, it isn't as dramatic as I hoped in my head but everything does sound better. But wow does my P2 improve the bass, it is pretty decent now.

It explains to you why I posted that they had bass right from the start, because I always heard them with my D4.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #1,248 of 2,011
I have been enjoying my RE0 immensely since I got a few months back. The Sony tips work perfect for me, a large for left ear and a medium for the right. Extremely comfortable. I have a TF10 that is custom reshelled by Fisher Audio that I had to sent back because I could never wear them for more than 10 mins before my ear start to hurt. What is the point of having a custom made IEM if is uncomfortable to wear ? I hope they fix right this time. I am glad I have my RE0 to keep me company mean while. They are just awesome!!!

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #1,249 of 2,011
Ok it sounds pretty amazing now that I have my P2 fully charged and giving it a second listen. Nice I am pretty content with my audiophile adventures for a while now I think.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #1,250 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by TT600R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the Shure SE420 recently.Will these thrash the REO I allready own or will I be dissapointed?
I still can cancel the order,and I am a bit worried I will not like the sound.
Please some advice from owners of both IEM.

It'll have better isolation. I can't say about sound quality though, I've never heard the SE420s.

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #1,252 of 2,011
i just ordered these. been waiting too long for my IE8s to arrive so i ordered these and if i like them enough i'll just cancel the IE8.

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #1,253 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by durden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still dont quite see how people are disappointed with the amount of bass the RE0's have.

Unamped is more than enough for me.

I think its just a matter of taste & how much bass you like.
I find enough bass from mine, but i do like to max out the clear bass on my walkman (maybe i am a bass head).
I have used my RE0s with an iPod touch and find with bass boost EQ there is enough bass with them too.
What i do like about the RE0s bass is how low it can extend. That low grunt is the sweet spot in bass for me.
L3000.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #1,255 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel its got plenty of Bass its the IEM type Bass.its sometimes more then my HD 25's

Exactly; I wouldn't expect it to shake me around (like say a 500 watt subwoofer
biggrin.gif
) but what it does it does well. I just wish my iPod had a better EQ.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #1,256 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by durden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still dont quite see how people are disappointed with the amount of bass the RE0's have.

Unamped is more than enough for me.

That's odd to hear, I agree that they have plenty of bass, but for me I have to amplify the REOs to take full advantage.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #1,257 of 2,011
Unamped enough for me too.
I suppose it depends on the DAP being used.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,258 of 2,011
I just noticed earlier today the RE0s exhibiting stronger, deeper bass than ever before. I don't know how many hundreds of hours they have by now. They are starting to compete with my bassier IEMs, anymore and it'll be fatiguing. Da fug?

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #1,259 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just noticed earlier today the RE0s exhibiting stronger, deeper bass than ever before. I don't know how many hundreds of hours they have by now. They are starting to compete with my bassier IEMs, anymore and it'll be fatiguing. Da fug?

RE0 is one of those IEMs that can really grow on you the more you listen to it. When I just listen to RE0 after switching from a different headphone, RE0 can sound pretty mediocre at first - lacking bass or too bright/thin. But if I listen to RE0 exclusively for a few days, I really start to like it again and at some point I even start to feel like it's the best headphone I've ever heard. Getting a good fit is also very important with RE0 and it takes some time for me to get it right.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #1,260 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0 is one of those IEMs that can really grow on you the more you listen to it. When I just listen to RE0 after switching from a different headphone, RE0 can sound pretty mediocre at first - lacking bass or too bright/thin. But if I listen to RE0 exclusively for a few days, I really start to like it again and at some point I even start to feel like it's the best headphone I've ever heard. Getting a good fit is also very important with RE0 and it takes some time for me to get it right.

It grew on me ever since I received it, lol. Bass has gone down a bit now. Is it still burning in or is it just me? I'm getting the same fit I always have. I like their sound best with the stock buds. I just tried out the Sony hybrids last night and couldn't decide if I like them better, so I went back to the stock buds. I've been using them frequently every week since last summer. They're my main on-the-go 'phones. Bass lacked a bit of slam and presence up until today - now it is not lacking in the least. For comparison, I've also got the Turbine Pro Copper and RE-252, both of which have superb bass that has been a few notches better than the zeroes. Now it is a hair away from being on par. The zeroes still have a bit of roll-off, though, but reach real deep down. Well, it's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back