[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Sep 7, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #496 of 2,011
Wow, this is brutal. The sound in the left ear has now cut out, independent of the right side's casing having previously split. This isn't good. :'c

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #497 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLyndy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is anyone getting bing cashback through Head Direct's ebay store?
I'm not seeing the path.
confused_face_2.gif

I'd like to purchase them, but would like a little Bing back.
Thanks,
Lyndon

You use the bing search engine to search for something like "Cheap Wii" (this may only work in IE). An ebay link with a cashback symbol should come up in the sponsored search results. If you click on it, you will start a cashback session during which everything you buy will be eligible for bing cashback.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #499 of 2,011
I just got mine, and I really like them. A very balanced and open sound. Less congested than my phonaks. Wider soundstage too.

I tried some tips and the medium black tips fit well for me. They come stock on the earphones.

A bonus, for me, is that they work extremely well over the ear. I'm surprised by this since most earphones of this type don't work well over the ear.

I was hoping these would not hiss with my portable players, and I am not disappointed. The h120/320 have the most hiss of all my players, and it is ever so slightly audible. Barely audible, actually. I am pleased.

Edit: Just had to add, the instrument separation on these is very good. Listening to opeth at the moment and everything feels so open and expansive. I love it!

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #500 of 2,011
are u all guys here, do the foam mod like ClieOS did?

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #502 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by tetsu85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are u all guys here, do the foam mod like ClieOS did?

Nope. I'm way too wussy to do it. The foam is staying in.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #505 of 2,011
My filters are slightly recessed, it looks as though they would be difficult to remove, as there's no edge to get a fingernail under. Looking at photos of other people's units, it looks like I'm alone in this.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #506 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What mod is that? You mean ripping out the protective felt filters from the nozzle?

not the filters i think..
the Foam behind the filters..

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #507 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What mod is that? You mean ripping out the protective felt filters from the nozzle?

The mod was originally intended for RE1, but it also has a positive effect on RE0 as long as you can take a brighter sound.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #508 of 2,011
Hmm, I think I'll leave mine stock. I think I have the newest version.

I like silicone tips so far. Brighter than my comply t400. A good balance for me.

However I am having a slight issue with the tips falling out after a while. Walking or opening my mouth eventually means I have to push them in again.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #509 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I think I'll leave mine stock. I think I have the newest version.

I like silicone tips so far. Brighter than my comply t400. A good balance for me.

However I am having a slight issue with the tips falling out after a while. Walking or opening my mouth eventually means I have to push them in again.

I find it the same way. I prefer the silicons over the complys for the RE0. They fall of easily which always makes me worry because only the stock medium size black silicons fits me correctly. The white large double flanges fall off waaaaay too easy.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #510 of 2,011
Can anyone recommend this phone to someone who's used to mid-centric phones like the UM3xs?

I really like my mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back