[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #122 of 1,181
Superb review Kunlun! 

I was looking at getting the 1964-Q due to the current discount, but then I saw this thread...  I bought into the hype that more drivers = better sound.

I was nervous dropping $500, but dropping about twice as much makes me doubly so...

How do you find the MG6PRO for hip hop and pop?  What about for watching movies?

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #123 of 1,181

Hello, I do not have the custom earphones from Future Sonics but I have the universal ones and I will say they have bass! They have deep sub bass which you can feel. These dynamic drivers are bass you can hear and feel and I have played rap, hip hop, trance, electro and Miami bass on them and they have a bass that the others cant match. The meds and highs are great but not up front as the bass. If you have a player with a EQ a good EQ as I do with the Cowon then you can adjust it to bring the meds and highs more up front.

Quote:
Superb review Kunlun! 

I was looking at getting the 1964-Q due to the current discount, but then I saw this thread...  I bought into the hype that more drivers = better sound.

I was nervous dropping $500, but dropping about twice as much makes me doubly so...

How do you find the MG6PRO for hip hop and pop?  What about for watching movies?

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #124 of 1,181
Interesting you compliment the bass but kick the nice mids and treble to the side. Different ears I guess.

But you have the old Atrio's correct have you heard the new ones???

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #125 of 1,181
May I inquire about the maker of that cable? I have one DIY that sounds excellent, but am looking for another pure silver cable for about $100 to use with my 1964-Q (Westone type connectors). I appreciate your insight. Thanks.

Quote:
Hello K, I loved the look of the JH13 and 16 but boy they didnt sound much better than the Shure 535 and the fit of the JH were not as good either. As i mentioned on another thread , I was amazed that the Shure 533 bass did improve a lot with a change from the stock cables to a cable made of Silver which cost me $100 dollars. Even with this improvement the Future Sonics universal fit sounded as good as the Shure 535 but had a lot more sub shaking clear bass. My pan is to keep my old Future Sonic ear phone and go get a mold of my ear then head back to the shop and order a pair of MG6PRO. Also I might get a mold for the tip on my old pair of Future Sonics. I also listened to the new universal Futue Sonic ear phones and they still have that tight deep baas but with a bit more in the treble (just a bit).

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #126 of 1,181
Noob question:

Are these type of "shells" custom made for each customer? Or are they just a general shape that is supposed to fit most ears? i am just having trouble figuring out how these would fit.

Please feel free to PM me the answer. Thanks.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #127 of 1,181
Hi there actually I never thought about cables for the earphones. I usually use the Future Sonics which have a lot of bass. But I bought the Shure 535 due to their strong cables and it disconnects in case of the cables brake or a earpiece needs replacing. The Shure fit nice but lack in that punch in bass. I went to a store in Hong Kong and a local guy makes replacement cables some of silver and others a blend of metals. So I tried a small amplifier and then the two kinds of cables. All three improved the bass and output power coming out into the earphones. So yes more bass but not as deep as I get from the stock future Sonics. But the cable cost more then the small amp which is crazy but hell I dont have to carry the amp.

Quote:
May I inquire about the maker of that cable? I have one DIY that sounds excellent, but am looking for another pure silver cable for about $100 to use with my 1964-Q (Westone type connectors). I appreciate your insight. Thanks.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #128 of 1,181
Hi there I have the older model and for em the meds and highs are good, very good but not as clear as the Shure 535 but 9 out of 10 times i am reaching for the Future Sonics. Yes I tried the new ones for like 30 mins. Seems an improvement but I am planning on going for the custom made ones with the 13 mm dynamic driver.

Quote:
Interesting you compliment the bass but kick the nice mids and treble to the side. Different ears I guess.

But you have the old Atrio's correct have you heard the new ones???

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #129 of 1,181
Noob question:

Are these type of "shells" custom made for each customer? Or are they just a general shape that is supposed to fit most ears? i am just having trouble figuring out how these would fit.

Yep, they're the custom molded kind; you have to have an audiologist make impressions of your ears, which you send to the company with your order.

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #130 of 1,181
"One key point about these customs is that their dynamic drivers are very durable and much more easy to service than armature-based customs, which tend to be more delicate." I said that on my thread and got flamed hah.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #131 of 1,181

Quote:
"One key point about these customs is that their dynamic drivers are very durable and much more easy to service than armature-based customs, which tend to be more delicate." I said that on my thread and got flamed hah.

And one thing, Dynamic actually do have a safer range of synergies with many different sources and players in general from what i experienced, For an instance, An MD Tributes sounds bad on Sansa Clip+ Compared to it on Cowon J3, And the opposite for the UM3X, But i cant help feeling the Weakened Md on Clip+ still sounds much better than a UM3X in a J3 anytime of the day.

Sadly, Its a lil pity that the UM Miracle also was not able to display full potential even when i played around the EQ on the J3 compared to it on a  Clip+ (Which more or less produced a side-effect of a muffled sound from the multi-armature crossovers of many multi-armature iems, except an elite few such as the respectable Westone 4 which i actually loved the most among all Westones Universals so far. Of course to the Armature lovers seeing this, Ymmv =)

(P.S. And still, I loved J3 way over the Clip+, since i am a dynamic type of person so it din really bothered me that much)

So end point is -  I think like what UM Miracle's case has happened to me, I felt the MG6PRO would make a really safe choice for those who are worrying about the Synergy Issues and have no access to a demo set to test for those who originally considered armature customs.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #132 of 1,181
"One key point about these customs is that their dynamic drivers are very durable and much more easy to service than armature-based customs, which tend to be more delicate."I said that on my thread and got flamed hah.

I believe he is referring to the delicate wiring of the crossovers and multiple BA drivers, not the delicacy of the BA driver themselves.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #133 of 1,181

Quote:
Superb review Kunlun! 

They are truly excellent for hip hop, trance and pop. The bass is real, more real by far than the jh16 and guitars and all other instruments sound real and fantastic. The spaciousness allowed by an open LFV (the adjustable vent) make the MG6Pro a very good choice for movies. If you like dynamic driver customs and you like the whole picture I've given in the review, then the MG6Pro are very good for you. I don't want to sound like an advertisement, it's just that these are a good match for the the things you mentioned.

Quote:
Noob question:

Yes, "custom" means that they are custom-fitted for a perfect fit for your unique ears only. You go to an audiologist and have a mold made of your ears, which are then sent to Future Sonics. There's a form you can download and fill out over on Futuresonics.com

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #134 of 1,181

Quote:
Quote:
"One key point about these customs is that their dynamic drivers are very durable and much more easy to service than armature-based customs, which tend to be more delicate."I said that on my thread and got flamed hah.

I believe he is referring to the delicate wiring of the crossovers and multiple BA drivers, not the delicacy of the BA driver themselves.

That's a big part of it, yes.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #135 of 1,181
Heys Kunlun, Timbre-wise, How would Fx700 and Mg6pro match up? Which is better and will the performance gap be a big one in that aspect? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back