[REVIEW]: Fortis Pure Silver Custom In-Ear Monitor Cables
Dec 31, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #16 of 36
Great review on these cables! Do you know if they suffer from oxidation (turning green) over time?

Dec 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 36
There is actually a way to prevent oxidization on the silver/copper cables. It's called sacrificial protection, basically you attach a piece of a more reactive metal (Eg: Zinc, Magnesium) to the silver/copper and it will oxidize instead. Though, problem is where to attach it?

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #19 of 36

Quote:
Great review on these cables! Do you know if they suffer from oxidation (turning green) over time?

If someone sells you a silver cable--and it turns green--then you've been ripped off, my friend.

It's happened with a well-known, over-hyped and very expensive brand here on head-fi (pm me if you want to know more).

That's why I went with the Fortis. I knew the guy who makes them and he's completely trustworthy.

Quote:
It's pure silver, so it anything it would turn black. (Copper turns green).

Exactly. And mine haven't even done that.

Quote:
There is actually a way to prevent oxidization on the silver/copper cables. It's called sacrificial protection, basically you attach a piece of a more reactive metal (Eg: Zinc, Magnesium) to the silver/copper and it will oxidize instead. Though, problem is where to attach it?

Works better on ship's hulls than ciem cables, right?

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
Is there a way to get Amp City to ship to the US? Their site does not offer the option or did you get the manufacturer to sell direct?

I'll pm you with a solution.

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #29 of 36
Great review.  Although I do wish that there was a comparison between Whiplash and this cable so that the true quality of each could be fully expounded upon and the ype around the Whiplash Audio cables diminished. (although arguing with fanboys is futile, isn't it?) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back