Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 18, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #4,352 of 4,469
Yeah... you'd have to reverse them. Left in the right ear, right in the left... in order to wear them that way.
They are meant to be worn over the ear.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #4,355 of 4,469
Some people are sticklers for proper right and left imagining.  I don't really care much for that.  I prefer over the ear because it helps with microphonics.  I don't know if that's a problem with these because I've never tried them any other way.  I have had the problem with every other IEM I've tried without the cable over my ears.  The cables rubbing against my beard makes very annoying noise.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #4,357 of 4,469
I agree, DBAs really need to be worn deeply for them to shine, not only the bass, but also clarity and tonality

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #4,359 of 4,469
A tip on tips (pun intended):

I don't know if anyone else has tried this combination, but I'm loving Sony Hybrid tips with the DBA. Obviously, you'll need to use spacers like the ones that come with the Monster Supertips, but medium-sized hybrids are a great fit ---- when pushed all the way to the hilt, the tips don't extend beyond the plastic sound tubes of the DBA, lessening the acoustic effects of the silicone core of the hybrids and retaining the DBA's great clarity, but obviously you still get the great comfort of the Sonys. As many of you know, hybrids also help greatly with consolidating the bass, which helps with the DBA's tonal balance IMO. Detailing takes a little bit of a hit, but it's not really a big deal, considering the added benefit of sonic cohesiveness. Eight months after I bought my DBAs, I've never enjoyed them more, thanks to the hybrids.

So, the bottom line is, if you have Sony hybrids or hybrid clones, try using them with the DBA (provided you have the proper spacers).

Oh, and I know hybrid-like tips come with the DBA, but I never got along well with them. The core sound tubes with them are much taller, and thus occlude the sound more than real hybrids. They're also not nearly as comfortable as authentic hybrids.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #4,360 of 4,469
I'm just posting here with a warning for you who plan on buying this from GDAudiobase. I bought this about this time last year and the cable went out during the summer around the straight plug. I mailed the phone straight to Russia after I got back from my vacation around September. Just got my package back, seemingly unopened and not even received and the headphone within unrepaired. I've had various email conversation with the gdaudiobase person over email during this 4 months stretch and he went from promising repair as soon as he receive part to just ignoring my emails.

Which brings me to my 2nd point. My pair of phone is in perfect condition besides the connection at the plug and my soldering skill is minimal. Would any of you guys be able to fix my headphones and (preferably) put a L plug on it? If so, please pm and we can discuss cost.

Thank you

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #4,361 of 4,469
The DBA-02s are designed for over-ear use.
They are reasonably small and provide a very nice over-ear fit as the cables are thin and bend easily.
Wearing them over the ear also helps with cable microphonics and reduces the tension from accidentally pulling your portable source, etc.

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4,365 of 4,469
Any idea if the Meelectronics triple flange will fit? I really like the stock triple flange but it's starting to wear out. The meelectronics large triple flange looks exactly like the stock triple flange. I want to try the small version for a better fit on the nozzle. Has anyone tried this combination?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back