Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #3,241 of 4,469
I think out of those 3 in the CK10, DBA-02 and RE0 the DBA-02 is the safest choice. The CK10 is one of those hit or miss in the treble region although it easily has the best build quality of the three. The DBA-02 doesn't have such a peak in the treble although extension in the bass is not as good. The RE0 is a step below both the DBA-02 and the CK10 and has the worst build quality and definitely need a good amp. They are however a good value (not as good as the DBA-02 in value) and offer a similar signature but bass extension is not as good and has the least impact in bass.

If I was to choose I would pick the CK10 for overall value but I know the CK10 is for me as I had it before and it still remains my favorite universal earphone. The DBA-02 is the best value of the three however and I would choose that if you are very patient and have no issues waiting for a pair.

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #3,242 of 4,469
I like the bass quality and body of the DBA better than the CK10 myself.  The CK10 was a bit thinner for me and that treble a bit more temperamental.  YMMV.  

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #3,243 of 4,469
Cheers guys! I'm not planning on getting it right away since I just spent a whole chunk of money on my Cowon and the HJE's and the Silver bullets. Will save up for the DBA's. After that... ortofons here I come 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #3,244 of 4,469
You may wanna buy a pair of re-zero

better than the re0
doesn't need an amp to shine
and much cheapier than the dba-02 (better bang for buck IEM)

if you wanna stay up to 100$ , go for the zero

if you wanna go to 160-170$ go for the dba

if you want something top-top ask those who have already bought 250+ iem's

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #3,245 of 4,469
Thanks! Forgot about the zero's. I'm not sure how I will like the neutral sound. I am by no means a basshead, I listen to metal, rock, blues, jazz, instrumental and classical. The neutral sound is appealing to me for the latter categories, at the same time some bass is needed to balance out and the impression I get with the RE0 is that it is too light on the bass. Which is why I like the sound of the DBA's, they seem to be neutral and detailed and clear without lacking bass

Quote:
You may wanna buy a pair of re-zero

better than the re0
doesn't need an amp to shine
and much cheapier than the dba-02 (better bang for buck IEM)

if you wanna stay up to 100$ , go for the zero

if you wanna go to 160-170$ go for the dba

if you want something top-top ask those who have already bought 250+ iem's

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #3,247 of 4,469

Which tips do you use? Sorry I would go through the thread but there are 216 pages worth 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Don't forget, everything is dependent on fit.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #3,248 of 4,469

Quote:
Which tips do you use? Sorry I would go through the thread but there are 216 pages worth 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

I use deep insertion Klipsch oval BiFlanges on my DBA's.  I pretty much use them on all deep inserting narrow nozzle IEMs.  Just too comfy, isolating and seals superbly as long as they have the right size for your ears.  

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #3,249 of 4,469

Quote:
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shure grey soft flex single flange - same sound quality as OEM single flange (perfect for me), more secure on DBA nozzles.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #3,250 of 4,469

Quote:
I ordered a pair from Budgen Audio over a week ago and the money hasn't been taken from my account yet and now I can get on their website. I was dead set on buying a pair of these, where can I get some without ridiculous price changes or crazy shipping ?

I ordered mine on October 25...no word yet on when it'll be shipped...status still at pre-authorized.  Been almost a month now.  Contacted them using their contact us form... no reply.  Contacted Ethan... no reply. 

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #3,251 of 4,469
@Anaxilus, you got me intrigued on how the CK10 presents the bass specially that its a more expensive IEMs.
and yes the tips/fit is very crucial. I continue to use the trimmed tips on my avatar. Convenient w great sound.
Queen's Greatest Hits never sounded this good (Fuze>DBA), full and more engaging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back