Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #3,229 of 4,469
I ordered a pair from Budgen Audio over a week ago and the money hasn't been taken from my account yet and now I can get on their website. I was dead set on buying a pair of these, where can I get some without ridiculous price changes or crazy shipping ?

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #3,230 of 4,469
Quote:
I ordered a pair from Budgen Audio over a week ago and the money hasn't been taken from my account yet and now I can get on their website. I was dead set on buying a pair of these, where can I get some without ridiculous price changes or crazy shipping ?

Ethan's site will be back up within a day or two - probably sooner. He doesn't charge you until around the time that the order ships from him to you.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #3,231 of 4,469
If you can't get on the site, it's probably because your ISP has not yet updated their DNS cache. This would be why some people can and some people cannot access the site (and why it works fine for me.) As soon as your internet service provider updates their DNS cache, you'll be able to get on the site. Unless your ISP is really slow on that for some reason, you should see it again fairly soon.
To explain the whole thing, I switched from GoDaddy to another domain registrar as GoDaddy has some questionable business practices. This downtime was not anticipated - however, it should be short for those experiencing it. It's not possible to say exactly when the site will be available for everyone, but the change may take a few days to reach everyone's ISP (some, of course, sooner than others).

Also, yes, funds are not captured until the item ships or is quite close to shipping.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #3,233 of 4,469
Man...I hope all of you are able to place orders!

I just finished listening to a remaster of mine on the DBA-02's and the recording has never sounded so lifelike except on my main mastering system. That's many, many thousands compared to the under $500 portable rig I have at the moment...Clip+ ->Fischer Audio Mini to Mini -> Fischer Audio Mystify -> Fischer Audio DBA-02's. Amazing! Piano notes are full and accurate and you can even hear the venue walls! The full on accuracy and sheer beauty of the sound was just bliss....I was a little stressed and depressed before but I am so happy right now.
biggrin.gif
I LOVE MUSIC!!!!!

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #3,234 of 4,469

Quote:
If you can't get on the site, it's probably because your ISP has not yet updated their DNS cache. This would be why some people can and some people cannot access the site (and why it works fine for me.) As soon as your internet service provider updates their DNS cache, you'll be able to get on the site. Unless your ISP is really slow on that for some reason, you should see it again fairly soon.
To explain the whole thing, I switched from GoDaddy to another domain registrar as GoDaddy has some questionable business practices. This downtime was not anticipated - however, it should be short for those experiencing it. It's not possible to say exactly when the site will be available for everyone, but the change may take a few days to reach everyone's ISP (some, of course, sooner than others).

Also, yes, funds are not captured until the item ships or is quite close to shipping.

I still can't access your site. My ISP is Verizon Fios.  I am not planning to place my order until next week and hope it will be working for me by then.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #3,235 of 4,469
Quote:
Man...I hope all of you are able to place orders!I just finished listening to a remaster of mine on the DBA-02's and the recording has never sounded so lifelike except on my main mastering system. That's many, many thousands compared to the under $500 portable rig I have at the moment...Clip+ ->Fischer Audio Mini to Mini -> Fischer Audio Mystify -> Fischer Audio DBA-02's. Amazing! Piano notes are full and accurate and you can even hear the venue walls! The full on accuracy and sheer beauty of the sound was just bliss....I was a little stressed and depressed before but I am so happy right now.
biggrin.gif
I LOVE MUSIC!!!!!

I wish I had the money to afford the Mystify amp! What would be the amps options if I only have $ 150 for LOD and amp that would provide a noticeable SQ on  Ipod 5.5 gen > DBAs?

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #3,236 of 4,469
150 is a tough budget for many amps but there are some decent ones. The ones I've heard are the mini3 DIY amp and the T3 amp and both are good. The T3 is insanely small and a good amp for iem's but if you don't mind larger size and use headphones as well the mini3 might be a better option however the mini3 does have less battery life as well.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #3,237 of 4,469
Hey guys, so would I be correct in saying that this is a similar sound signature to the CK10 and the RE0's? I am thinking of getting a pair of neutral IEM's that is a complement to the two I already have (HJE900's and Silver Bullets). I've never really heard neutral phones since I just recently started getting into audio equipment. I get the feeling that I would end up preferring the warm sound signature that I already have but I still want to try it out. The CK10 is too expensive for an experiment and the DBA-02 and  the RE0 are much more reasonably priced

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #3,238 of 4,469

Quote:
Hey guys, so would I be correct in saying that this is a similar sound signature to the CK10 and the RE0's? I am thinking of getting a pair of neutral IEM's that is a complement to the two I already have (HJE900's and Silver Bullets). I've never really heard neutral phones since I just recently started getting into audio equipment. I get the feeling that I would end up preferring the warm sound signature that I already have but I still want to try it out. The CK10 is too expensive for an experiment and the DBA-02 and  the RE0 are much more reasonably priced

DBA.  The RE0 is going to sound really thin and dry compared to what you are used to, especially unamped.

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #3,239 of 4,469
Does the DBA have similar sort of clarity and detail that the RE0 has?

Quote:
Quote:

DBA.  The RE0 is going to sound really thin and dry compared to what you are used to, especially unamped.

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #3,240 of 4,469

Quote:
Does the DBA have similar sort of clarity and detail that the RE0 has?

Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah.  The difference is that the RE0 leanness lets the details have more space or air around them.  Yet you have a lean phone so depends if you prefer that sound.  Some appear to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back