Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #16 of 4,469
what would you say is the sound signature? bass? mid? treble? balanced? fun or analytical sound?

btw, is this dynamic or BA driver?

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #17 of 4,469
So from the review it sounds like they are very good. What kind of sound signature do they have? I don't know if I missed it but it wasn't very clear.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #19 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what would you say is the sound signature? bass? mid? treble? balanced? fun or analytical sound?

btw, is this dynamic or BA driver?

Dual BA based. LFF will have to comment on the sound signature.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So from the review it sounds like they are very good. What kind of sound signature do they have? I don't know if I missed it but it wasn't very clear.

That's exactly what I noticed and feel, it's hard to define. Perhaps LFF can put a finger on it, but I haven't had as much of a repertoire to compare to and place.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #20 of 4,469
I'm expecting to review some IEMs from Fischer Audio later this month or early next month and I'm hoping I get the chance to try these out!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 4,469
My fingers have been hovering over so many IEM buy buttons lately... This one is about the right price i really want to spend. I have just emailed a supplier to see if they are getting these in stock soon. If so then i will have a pair coming quite soon
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #22 of 4,469
I'm hoping ClieOS receives them and says they are no better than any of his other good iem's. That would help my wallet quite a bit so if you see this ClieOS you know what to do
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #23 of 4,469
Quote:

I'm hoping ClieOS receives them and says they are no better than any of his other good iem's. That would help my wallet quite a bit so if you see this ClieOS you know what to do
wink.gif

I cant see that happening seeing as he quite liked the Eterna
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #24 of 4,469
one can only hope
smily_headphones1.gif
I was close in getting those but since from everything I read they don't compare with my current iem's there is no desire to get those but if these compete they could be very very tempting depending on their signature

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #25 of 4,469
Quote:

wink.gif

Ha, or you can wish they won't come in by / before Saturday cause I will be out of the country the next week and a half for some relief from the curse of HF
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #26 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't use the FiiOs with them, the only noticeable difference IMO is a slight increase in bass, due to the use of the line-out opposed to the thinner sounding HP out of the 1st gen iTouch. I'm not supposed to provide impressions (Member of the Trade rules) so that's about the extent of what I'll say on here, sorry if you're looking for more. Just remember the price of the FiiOs, and that LFF is using a really good amp.

I feel that these IEM's are transparent. Hence, any change in your equipment will readily show through these IEM's. The better your equipment, the better these will sound. I bet you could you tell different op-amps apart with IEM's like these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome. They melt away and make good mastered music sound like live music. See below for more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LFF will have to comment on the sound signature.

That's exactly what I noticed and feel, it's hard to define. Perhaps LFF can put a finger on it, but I haven't had as much of a repertoire to compare to and place.

The sound signature is probably in between a Westone 3 and UE-10. It's a very accurate, balanced and natural sound signature. I am very impressed with these. Un-amped they sound damn good. Add in an amp or a better source and they are just amazing. They just don't add or subtract anything from the music. If you music is badly mastered, that is what you will get. If you music is mastered by someone like Steve Hoffman...just wait for your jaw to drop. They really seem to disappear and melt away. I played some Ella Fitzgerald that I remastered myself and the quality in tone of Ella's voice was astounding. She sounded alive and well, almost as if she was singing a few feet away. Trust me when I say that not every IEM, headphone or speaker can do something like that!

If anything it shows me just how much IEM technology has improved. Four years ago I would never have thought that a universal IEM could sound great let alone amazing. I feel that these should be more readily available so that more people could enjoy them. They are a bargain and a steal at their current price point. The biggest and only problem in my honest opinion is finding them.
icon10.gif

I rarely get excited about products, especially a whole lot of them, but Fischer Audio really does seem to be on the ball with what they are putting out.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #27 of 4,469
I guess I'll wait until ClieOS to review them as well before I make a decision.

Does the cable retain memory of how it was stored? One question about the sound actually..how is its timbre and its ability to reproduce cymbals? I've found that cymbals are usually not that great with BA drivers (or at least the ones that I have tried) and thus sound not very natural.

edit: ClieOS, now why would I wish that on anyone ;p Waiting for something is the worst part
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #28 of 4,469
The CK10 is very good about cymbals. I do like the Triple.Fi 10 too, but they both benefit from EQing to take out some of the top end emphasis.

After listening to the Eterna, I'm becoming a big fan of Fischer. These DBA-02 earphones sound very neat. So now I get to try out these and the SA7 in a little while.
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #30 of 4,469
I only read UE-10 in the review part of the review, so I'm 99% certain he means the UE-10. The TF10 is used as a simple > or < at the end of the review.
Don't worry, I had to go back and read too
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back