Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #4,456 of 4,469
Using DBA-02 MKI here, for about a month now.
I have used some really nice IEMS, SF5pro, IE8, SM3V1, Sony EX-600, RE-252...and well I can say I was blown away by the quality of those!
I bought them for about 50€, and that is from far the best bang for buck I had since I entered high-end portable audio. That and the Clip+.

The bass is perfectly tight, and about the right amount. I thought I would find them bass light, but not so. The bass is there and goes to sub-bass very effortlessly.
Mids are superb, and highs are one of the most detailed of any IEMs I tried.
The RE-252 are technically superior, but they are not very engaging. The IE8? Well, I sold them after getting the DBA-02. They sound so boomy and unrefined in comparison. As in "what were I thinking when I bought those!"...

Really a fantastic set of iems!
When the cable dies on me, I'll certainly replace it myself, as the shell seams quite easy to open.
Oh, and by the way, mine is in a sense "modded", as when I received them, one of the filter was damaged, and the sound was very imbalanced. So I removed both filters, and placed some low density foam into the nozzles. Now it's about perfect. However, I haven't heard the original sound, so maybe the highs were tamed a bit. To get the right amount of foam, you'll have to test by trial and error. What's great is that you can play on the brightness level by increasing or decreasing the foam quantity. Try it for yourself!

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #4,457 of 4,469
Just chiming in after a couple of months of use to say that I'm very impressed by those tiny iems!
They sound really great, and are so easy to put in, offer great isolation with simple flange tips, which makes them very comfy.
Just had a listen at my SM3 which were gathering dust lately... well, they sound SOOO veiled compared to the DBA-02. I even wonder if they're not broken or something.

They are probably my favourite set of iems I bought, and the cheapest also! (By the way, I still like the Sony EX-600 a lot for bedtime listening).

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #4,458 of 4,469
  Just chiming in after a couple of months of use to say that I'm very impressed by those tiny iems!
They sound really great, and are so easy to put in, offer great isolation with simple flange tips, which makes them very comfy.
Just had a listen at my SM3 which were gathering dust lately... well, they sound SOOO veiled compared to the DBA-02. I even wonder if they're not broken or something.

They are probably my favourite set of iems I bought, and the cheapest also! (By the way, I still like the Sony EX-600 a lot for bedtime listening).

Yep, the SM3's are very veiled in comparison to the DBA-02. The SM3 (original issue) has quite a roll-off in the highs, whereas the DBA is more neutral, to very slightly bright. (Just the way I like 'em!)

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #4,467 of 4,469
Nah, they were in their carrying pouch and fell out of my pocket while I was crossing the street.

Ironically enough a few months the cable got hard and started cracking, so I ended up replacing with another iem.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #4,468 of 4,469
Nah, they were in their carrying pouch and fell out of my pocket while I was crossing the street.

Ironically enough a few months the cable got hard and started cracking, so I ended up replacing with another iem.

try btg audio(i think so).to have ur bad cable replaced and giving 2nd life to ur db02......if you still have it in ur possession.

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #4,469 of 4,469
Haven't posted in a while now nor been on head-fi due to a lack of time to commit, but just did this today and thought the thread might be interested.

Turns out that it's pretty easy to remove the plastic shell, just prise it out with a swiss army knife or something. Then with some care, pull out the black rubber bit at the end to access the internals. My cables were fraying at that point so instead of condemning them for lost I made a cable from scratch and decided to take the earphone apart instead. And to my pleasant surprise I discovered my 60W iron didn't burn out the BA drivers so my earphones now have a new lease of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back