[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Aug 24, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #437 of 468
Aug 24, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #438 of 468
ClieOs - thanks!

But i think Radius not so good as Tandem.
Tandem is a warm and relatively full sounding IEM on its own and has a very decent sound, but DDM killer it isn't. At DDM too soft lifted up, hooting and smeared bass. Tandem more faster and moe structured on low freq.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #439 of 468
We are feeling like Tandem have somewhat pretty unique signature, and its not easy to find a direct comparison. However its just we :)

We recommend to use the smallest tips possible, with wide opening, there are 3 pairs of them included. Also we had some feedback about good match with Sony Hybrids.
Different insertion depth also noticeably differs the sound. Over-the-ear position gives more freedom to play with it

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #441 of 468

Quote:
How does the Tandem stack up to the HA-FXT90?

Given the rarity of both IEM, I doubt you will get an clear answer.

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #442 of 468
I'd like to hear more about Consonance since my Eternas broke down and I'm looking for new IEM's and if they really have more bass while keeping an over all good sound, then those might be it.

BTW although Eternas were quite good on the construction quality department, the strain reliefs were awful - first one came loose within 4 months and the second one after 7 months. Next time maybe use some more glue or a stronger one like Loctite Super Attak :p Shouldn't be that expensive if you order in bulk :D

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #443 of 468
Same thing happened to my Fischer Eterna V1's :frowning2:
Probably my fave headphones but left (or right - cant remember now) earpiece stopped working all over a sudden. May try DIY fix when I get time and hope its a dodgy jack but I seriously doubt it!

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #444 of 468
I really don't know what exactly happened to mine (how they actually disintegrated) but I think it might have been a case of too much drinking + not remembering that I had headphones in my pocket equaling broken headphones. And I just looked and they were those better Rev1 too. God damn it. I'm going to look if I find a way to open them up and maybe re-cable, but seems like a long shot :frowning2:

But the strain reliefs were still awfully built :)

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #445 of 468
Consonance is warmer, thicker and slightly more bassy than Eterna v1. It doesn't sound quite as crisp and detail on the top, but not too far off either. I won't say it beats my Eterna v1, but it is close and certainly much better than Eterna v2. The build quality is however much better than Eterna.

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #446 of 468
OK I mostly listen to DnB & Dub but occasionally i like to pop out my oldies and listen to rock also, so what do you think would suit me best ? I don't only mean Eterna and Consonance but the whole Fischer Audio's IEM line. 

Thou Consonance seems to be something I'd like to try out, because to me, the highs seem like almost always too crisp and sharp, even sometimes Eterna V1 was too sharp for my liking. Besides the build quality problem... Anyways I read that the Rev1 was reproduced since the beginning of 2011. So did they fix the flaws the original had or did they reproduce it 100% with failing strain reliefs and all  ? :D

But how would you compare Silver Bullets to those too ? I considered those while I was looking for IEMs last time and finally decided to buy Eternas. I've read that they are more balanced and generally very good SQ (better than Eterna but not as warm)

Sep 24, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #447 of 468
Silver Bullet is indeed technically better than Eterna, but If you really want to take the whole line-up into consideration - beside DBA-02, I would think the SBA-03 is the second best of all Fischer Audio right now.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #448 of 468
Update - managed to open the Eterna's and re-cable them with cable from one of my old Sony earphones. Anyways point being - they now work again :) Thou I'd like to use a better cable. Any recommendations ?

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #449 of 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotharius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update - managed to open the Eterna's and re-cable them with cable from one of my old Sony earphones. Anyways point being - they now work again :) Thou I'd like to use a better cable. Any recommendations ?

[size=medium]
How did you manage to open the Eterna's ??

Secondly, On the eterna, there is a Y Split, is there any crossover or something inside there?

What about gluing them together? I was thinking this: 0.5m Solid Silver 0.4mm Double Balanced Litz Braid
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5m-Solid-Silver-0-4mm-Double-Balanced-Litz-Braid-/180620517545?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2a0dd260a9#ht_998wt_1185

I was going to get some to make my RCA's (used Canare, not might as well try this hehe) I dont know how suitable they will be for IEM recable jobs, but I have used a Cat5 cable for a 3.5mm jack to jack and that Might be ok for an IEM Recable - at worst, cat5 cables are dirt cheap (Though a bit stiff)
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back