[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #391 of 468
Thanks for the reviews!!
I'm currently looking into buying the Eternas, as i am a basshead, but also want a fairly clear sound from the mids and highs.  I have a question to anyone that owns the Eterna's, however;
I've heard that they can only be worn over the ear, but i'm not a fan of wearing my earphones this way.  I thought of an idea:
If you switched the left and right buds (so the left bud goes in the right ear and right bud goes in the left ear), could they be worn cable-down?  Judging by their design, from what i've seen, they would fit like a normal IEM in your ears when worn down this way.

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #393 of 468
question on the eternas...on bugden audio it says return of the 'original' eternas
are these the v2's or did they go back to the v1's
and do the new eternas have the same sound signature as the original v1's?

thanks

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #394 of 468
Quote:
question on the eternas...on bugden audio it says return of the 'original' eternas
are these the v2's or did they go back to the v1's

It if says original, I think it mean v1, not v2. Fischer Audio is remaking the v1.

Quote:
and do the new eternas have the same sound signature as the original v1's?

I can't really confirm if it indeed has the same sound as the v1 / original Eterna I have or not

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #395 of 468
clieo  thanks for the info...I've been reading your reviews, very helpful

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #396 of 468
I just asked Bugden and they confirm that, if you buy now, Eterna is V1.
But I have no idea that, this V1 sounds same as previous V1 or not,
anyway, i placed my order yesterday and is waiting.....................

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #397 of 468
FA-004 owners.. has anyone found other earpads that fit on the 004s?  The stock are ok, but I'm not a big fan of the rubbery-vinyl texture which make my ears get slightly sweaty after a hour or so..  I love the sound of these too much so I can live with it.. but I would love to see if anyone has found other pads that would fit and not jack up the sound..

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #398 of 468
Bought a pair of Eterna V1 from bugden audio. Coming from the meelectronics m6, head-direct re2, and re0...i'm really impressed with the Eternas. Even straight out of the box, it sounds good to me. I've been listening for the past 2 hours, and i feel the sound has tightened up a little. 67 dollars well spent!

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #399 of 468
That's great to hear. I purchased 3 Eternas from bugdenaudio about a week ago and I certainly hope it'll arrive next week! I come from the M2s and would pretty sure that the Eternas would handle everthing better, but the M2s are excellent for their value as well.
etysmile.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #400 of 468
I just got my eternas v1 last night and listened to them for about half an hour and I'm liking them so far :D

compared to an m6, the eternas are definitely an upgrade.  more controlled bass, clearer details

I haven't had the chance to compare them to my turbines yet

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #401 of 468
I've been burning in the Eternas for roughly 15 hours. It's definitely better than the M6 in every way. But the M6 was much cheaper, as I bought them for only 20 bucks; so its not fair to be comparing them. The Eterna is a bassy set of earphone, but not as bassy as I expected from all the impressions i've read on head-fi. But I'm really enjoying the big/full sound from the eterna's.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #402 of 468
Do you feel any hiss problem as reported from v1? I'm in between buying v1 or v2, in europe is only available v2 version at the moment so if i want v1 version has to come from russia... and i can't decide what should be the best decision. :\

Quote:
I've been burning in the Eternas for roughly 15 hours. It's definitely better than the M6 in every way. But the M6 was much cheaper, as I bought them for only 20 bucks; so its not fair to be comparing them. The Eterna is a bassy set of earphone, but not as bassy as I expected from all the impressions i've read on head-fi. But I'm really enjoying the big/full sound from the eterna's.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #403 of 468
I just checked to see if i hear any hiss from any of my portable players, and I do not hear any hissing noises at all. I played the Eterna v1 through a ipod touch 3g, sony a818, and sansa fuze; no hissing was heard using these players.

Before I finally decided on buying the Eternas, i read many impressions and reviews, and many people described v1 as having more bass and characterized as a "funner" headphone. I was in the market for a bass heavy set of IEMs, but didn't want the bass to overwhelm the mids and highs. After listening to these headphones for about 5 hours, the bass is prominant but not overwhelming. I think its acceptable, and i enjoy the full sound.

I ordered the Eternas v1 from bugdenaudio.com, i think they ship internationally for free.

So to sum it all up, i do not hear any hiss. I was concerned that the v1 would be too bassy, but the amount of bass is just right and enjoyable to me.
Quote:
Do you feel any hiss problem as reported from v1? I'm in between buying v1 or v2, in europe is only available v2 version at the moment so if i want v1 version has to come from russia... and i can't decide what should be the best decision. :\

Quote:

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #404 of 468
^ Agreed,

No hiss to speak of. Dead silent.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #405 of 468
That's good! Thank you very much for the impressions. The problem for me ordering v1's is that they come outside europe, so i take the risk to pay more taxes... :\ i have a friend working at India, gonna try if there's something there for him to bring them to me i guess. If only i could teste the two versions by myself... oh well...

Once more, thank you very much you both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back