[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Oct 18, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #46 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry to mar your pleasure, but I tell you a different story on Eterna.

I had Eterna a year ago (or alike) and abandoned it with no regrets. It was not even close to RE0 or Shure E500 - bassy as hell and veiled by excessive warmth. I tried mods and EQs to tame the lows. It sounded OK then, providing simillar sound sig and quality to JVC Marshmallow modded, but nothing better.

Well, what is the matter? It looks like I and ClieOS describe a different earphone. Probably Fischer Audio changed the drivers or something else since I tried the Eterna.

Build: The shells are really fat, so comfort is so-so to me. Cable is thick with needlessly big Y-joint and tangles easily. From what I see on ClieOS shots, build remains the same.

Hrmm interesting, guess time will tell if the Eterna can live up to it's "hype" per-se.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #47 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry to mar your pleasure, but I tell you a different story on Eterna.

I had Eterna a year ago (or alike) and abandoned it with no regrets. It was not even close to RE0 or Shure E500 - bassy as hell and veiled by excessive warmth. I tried mods and EQs to tame the lows. It sounded OK then, providing simillar sound sig and quality to JVC Marshmallow modded, but nothing better.

Well, what is the matter? It looks like I and ClieOS describe a different earphone. Probably Fischer Audio changed the drivers or something else since I tried the Eterna.

Build: The shells are really fat, so comfort is so-so to me. Cable is thick with needlessly big Y-joint and tangles easily. From what I see on ClieOS shots, build remains the same.

I think you will make a lot of friends here if you offer to buy and ship those eternas from Russia to the rest of the world
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #48 of 468
there's info on the net that FA gets their headphones from the same china factory as Sennheiser, Koss and other famous brands, so maybe they sent ClieOS Eterna with IE8 drivers and it can not be sold in USA legally. or maybe IE8 is on the market for two years already and their patent expired so FA can begin their international trip. it is my imagination ;]

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #49 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by knugge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I live in Scandinavia and the only reseller I find charge 100$ for the Omega for instance. That is a lot more than 22$!!! The Paradigm (not v.2) costs 157$. I am quite disappointed actually.

Today I noticed that Mediamarkt (a large german electronics chain with stores in a lot of European countries) carried several Fischer IEMs. Since I am not familiar with the different models I don't remember which they carry, but they were rather in the $120 to $180 range, by memory.

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #50 of 468
Here is a few comparison pictures b/w Eterna and SE530, UM2 and TF10. As you can see, the housing and cable aren't really as big/thick as one might think. Westone still has the best cable in the group, but Eterna's cable isn't too bad either. it is softer/more flexible than SE530's and not as tangle-prone as TF10's.

Compare.jpg

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #51 of 468
Hello.
You can try buy them on pleer.ru (http://pleer.ru/319_brand.html) via EMS post... Just write two letters - one to Russian EMS post and one to pleer.ru and describe the situation.

I'd like to help someone buying Eterna or something else, but PayPal in Russia doesn't support incoming payments and I live a bit far from Moscow
smily_headphones1.gif

And just few words about FA. It's just cheap alternative to different famous headphones from different manufacturers...
I have had FA Equilibrium for 1 year. The build quality was not great, but it sounds better then sennheiser cx300 and cost the same money.

I also have cheap (~20$) FA 768. It's something like Creative EP630, but crap
biggrin.gif

It sounds awfull, although some people like them (why not, if You like listening RAP music with 128kbit bitrate...) it is just like cheap "KOSS The Plug" or something like this. But it's 20$, what can You expect from such a cheap HPs...

P.s. I recommend someone from head-fi to order one pair of top-level FA headphones, Etherna or Silver Bullet. They realy worth that money...

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #52 of 468
How are the Eternas without the ear guides; do they stay in OK? I'm not too fond of "over-ear" setups, be they cables or plastic grips...

Also, does anyone know of a Swedish retailer selling Fischer Audio IEMs? Thanks.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #53 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are the Eternas without the ear guides; do they stay in OK? I'm not too fond of "over-ear" setups, be they cables or plastic grips...

Also, does anyone know of a Swedish retailer selling Fischer Audio IEMs? Thanks.

MediaMarkt but it seems prices are 5 times those mentioned in the review

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #54 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Due to the design, you really need to wear it over-the-ear or else the seal won't be so great. FA has an official distributor on Sweden, perhaps you want to check out their distributor. Don't know the price though.

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #55 of 468
Got the quote directly from fischer audio. Eterna costs USD$67.79, or 46.99 Euro, or 43.99 pounds. Looks like they can do speed post, dhl or ems, or tnt, but that'll could run another USD$50.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #56 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to the design, you really need to wear it over-the-ear or else the seal won't be so great. FA has an official distributor on Sweden, perhaps you want to check out their distributor. Don't know the price though.

Bummer, over-ear is kind of a deal breaker
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #57 of 468
Got a response from Fischer. Group buy is potentially possible but they'd need more details. Problem is, organizing a group buy is more difficult then it seems. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing at head-fi?

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #58 of 468
Excellent value for money
Good audio quality

Their Achilles heel?
inadequate distribution center, low market coverage.
and also incompatibility issues such as paypal etc

I would really like to give headphones a shot, their commanding price does seem tempting but imagine paying shipping fees which account to significant % of the product price just doesnt sit too well with me, and dont get me started on RMA

just my opinion.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #59 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have experience with this sort of thing at head-fi?

Well, here is the rule:

Quote:

General Group Buys can not be promoted on Head-Fi's Main Forums, via Head-Fi's Private Messaging, or via Head-Fi's e-mail relay function. General Group Buys can only be promoted by the Member of the Trade actually selling the item(s) in the Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #60 of 468
Hmm, I guess that's out. I don't think Fischer intends to become a head-fi sponsor anytime soon. Pretty strict rule - I always thought of a group buy as something much more informal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back