REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,936 of 2,116
Quote:
Goin to Noisy Motel tonight to test and audition, and buy! If anyone needs a pair tested I'm happy to do it for you
biggrin.gif

Jealous... I have to wait a week or so for mine to get to the US. 

..... wait a second!  So they did arrive?! 
size]

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,940 of 2,116
THey are similar to the old ones in material, only its a tighter twill weave. I dont like the feel of wool at the best of times, but i quite liked them. THat being said my brother who breaks out in heat rash everytime he wears wool might have issue with them? Actually im going to not tell him and make him wear them, we will be seeing eachother this weekend. Ill let you know man.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,943 of 2,116
Defqon your welcome to AB mine with yours anytime mate.
mrscotchguy thank you so much man! Billy is awesome, he was working like a coal miner to get those orders out. If you ever need me to pick you out something feel free to let me know. Lately I'm at Noisy Motel as much as I'm home!! He just keeps getting new stuff in :D just got these and the HP100 so I thought I was safe for a while. Then he tells me the JDSlabs new C5 is due in store soon!?!!!?

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,946 of 2,116
Any mods for these to tame the harsh sibilance? i have the original version with the maroon/mahogany coloured wood and curly cable.

Ever since plugging them into my Lyr they sound like a bright, sibilant mess, sounded so much better poorly amped through my maverick D1.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,947 of 2,116
Quote:

Sweet, if they test em before shipping, then it'd be worth the $15 savings.  For me, $15 is worth the peace of mind.  Thank you for checking into it, brightonfish.

What is this in refference to? The quality control issues? Hasn't this (In theory ...) been rectified in the new version anyway?

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,950 of 2,116
Quote:
Any mods for these to tame the harsh sibilance? i have the original version with the maroon/mahogany coloured wood and curly cable.

Ever since plugging them into my Lyr they sound like a bright, sibilant mess, sounded so much better poorly amped through my maverick D1.

Yes, mill or chisel out the square milled corners of the wooden cup or alternatively use some like thin Dynaxorb and dampen it, dual entry balanced XLR cabling. From my experience my FA-011 did not pair well with the Lyr at all. 

Quote:
What is this in refference to? The quality control issues? Hasn't this (In theory ...) been rectified in the new version anyway?

I have not tried rev.3 that mrbigsby has tried that was released as of recent. But the previous 2 versions emit the same problems as the first release of the 011's.

Quote:
Roll in some warmer tubes.

+1. The FA-011 loves lots of power and very warm tubes to shine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back