Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Oct 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #47 of 272
Way way better than SE215.
Way more refined.

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #50 of 272
These definitely work better with a more powerful source. Just adding an amp helps a lot

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #51 of 272
I am going to make a statement that I am certain I will not regret of making with my current rig: The FAD VI has the most non-fatiguing and natural sounding treble I have heard.   

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #52 of 272
anyone ever heard of FAD VI and sony mdr ex-1000 and give some comparison here..coz I have the ex1000 and would want to know how FAD VI sound compared to the ex1000.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #55 of 272
Nov 2, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #57 of 272
Nice!!.can't wait for your review

EX-1000 is a lot more monitor like meaning it sounds come across as the less colored one but this ears just loves the VI tuning, from the nicely detailed and textured and warm sound of the low, to the lush mids and simply amazing and the best sounding treble I have heard from my current IEM without ever been sibilant. Before I was all about neutrality and accuracy but now days I am finding colortion A okay! Of course not all company tune sound the same, idealy neutral IEM are better as you can color the sound to your own taste but honestly VI just has one engaging tuning which is making me want to place it at my all time favorite IEM. Even right out of the humble ipod touch it sounds great. 

Final words, you cannot go wrong with either one but if you can negotiate a good price on the VI I have a feeling it will not disappoint you. But again I come from an analytical sound and perhaps my ears were just tried and finding this new change a welcoming one.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #58 of 272
I'm not the only one who found this to be the best iem I had heard until I was spoiled with the PF X-G

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #59 of 272
I bought the VI hoping that I will be able to destroy it with a negativity and hence putting the FAD in my black list, but happily I was wrong (or sadly, have you guys seen how much their piano forte line cost ?).

I am enjoying the sound so much that I do not feel like experimenting anytime soon simply because I just want to keep my ears happy with VI. 

Having said that I am certain that the VI do not cost 600 to made and I am going to say that it is by no means a bargain even considering its nice sound. I am not sure how much a tuning cost but I am willing to say it is matter of using different filters compared to their V and IV line. I do not believe the copper body will impact the sound of BOM drivers.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #60 of 272
Importing from amazon japan is cheaper though, Heaven IV = $140, Heaven V = $220, Heaven VI $390, Even at these prices the Heaven VI seems overpriced to me seeing as its just a single BA driver, other earphones should better the VI in technicalities in the $400 price range, like the Cardas EM5813 or Westone 4, but none will be able to have the special sound signature the VI have, so your just paying for exclusivity of sound rather than quality of sound and build IMO (ie the Heaven V has same build and sound quality, just a different sound signature)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back