Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Nov 24, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #677 of 686
With the redesigned G2 you get: angled jack plug on all 3.5mm TRS versions, new Y-splitter, new cinch, and connectors with strain relief -> overall a much stronger cable.
For more information and pictures, please check our updated Linum website.

I did look on the website but I couldn't see anywhere they actual differences explained but you answered it anyway so thanks for the information, I might go for one then :)

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #678 of 686
... and to ad to the explanation above to give you an idea visually in this case with the BaX version ...

upload_2017-11-24_19-24-42.png

... also the connectors, which are not visible in these photos, are improved. The MMCX is in the same material as the jack plug, cinch and slider and all three connectors (MMCX, 2Pin and T2) are mounted with strain relief.

We will consider updating the website with the actual differences. Thank you for the input @Rowethren !

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #679 of 686
... and to ad to the explanation above to give you an idea visually in this case with the BaX version ...

... also the connectors, which are not visible in these photos, are improved. The MMCX is in the same material as the jack plug, cinch and slider and all three connectors (MMCX, 2Pin and T2) are mounted with strain relief.

We will consider updating the website with the actual differences. Thank you for the input @Rowethren !

Yeah that picture really helps thanks :)

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #680 of 686
Just bought the G2, this is what needed! They sound better that the stock cable and are comfortable to wear with glasses, thank the lord!

Using them with the Vega and se864.

Any plans to release a 2-pin version?

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #681 of 686
Just bought the G2, this is what needed! They sound better that the stock cable and are comfortable to wear with glasses, thank the lord!

Using them with the Vega and se864.

Any plans to release a 2-pin version?

There is a 2 pin version, I am using one with my Noble K10 CIEM right now :p

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #682 of 686
I use one on my Unique Melody Miracle (second one actually due to split near the top on the left). Iliked it so much I just had to buy another

May 14, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #683 of 686
Just bought a used 2,5 mm straight plug G1 Bax cable in 2020 - color me (very) impressed!
I don`t know why I never really tried a Linum cable before! Well, I think the reason is that some years ago I have once listened to their "Music" cable in a headphone store but that time thought that it changed the sound for the worse (due to impedance I guess).

But now the Bax: Sounds really great, equal to "big" cables ! :) And handling: Just WOW! Combined with my BTR5 and under my T-shirt it feels almost like true wireless!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #684 of 686
Bumping this thread to mention Linum has a new cable model available, the DualBax in Zebra. Also Linum is bringing back the 2Pin connector. Current options are the T2 and 2Pin connectors. There is also a T2 to MMCX adapter available as well.
Product page: https://www.linum.dk/products/linum-dualbax/
US Dealer: https://linum.warnertechcare.com/product-category/cables/ultrabax-dualbax-cables/
My review: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/linum-dualbax-zebra-cable-review.13914/

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #685 of 686
I second this sentiment:

When I’m walking around and being out and about I want to just be in the moment and don’t want to be distracted by a thick cable pulling down on my ears. In that regard, Linum certainly has no competition and that’s why the DualBaX is my go-to cable when commuting.

Have you tried the 64 Audio tour cables? I find them excellent for being low profile, no microphonics and little touches like angled ear connectors adds to usability in a low-key but appreciated way. Not very flashy though

I owned a retired gen Linum from many years ago, may check out the Linum "zebra" weave in time

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #686 of 686
I was always interested in Linum due to how thin their cables were, but the low resistance is also an interesting factor. I like the aesthetics of the UltraBaX but I dunno if I should be going for IEM cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back