Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #256 of 686
So sorry about your wallet, man. If it helps, they hold up splendidly over time. Mine still give me that silly ear-to-ear grin and I don't even think I've found their limits yet. No matter what I throw at them they just pull it off without even breaking a sweat.

I agree. With the Linums they even open up so much more :)

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #257 of 686
I agree. With the Linums they even open up so much more
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually prefer the sonics of the Noble cable to the Linum Bax - I expect to be posting about my visit to Linum/Estron soon.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #258 of 686
  I actually prefer the sonics of the Noble cable to the Linum Bax - I expect to be posting about my visit to Linum/Estron soon.

Love to hear about that soon :)

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #259 of 686
I'm in love (as in bordering on ciem reshell in love) with the T2 because it's so tiny, yet the connection is rock solid. Only downside is that it would mean an end to making my own cables.

the USA seller has the connector as well as the cables so I think I'll try that route when I reshell my uerm. I don't care about custom cables but rather functional cables and with glasses this is the most functional cable I've owned.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #260 of 686
I finally got to post about my visit to Estron: http://www.head-fi.org/t/740807/so-i-got-to-visit-estron-makers-of-the-linum-cable-hq 
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #264 of 686
A few questions:

1. Has anyone snagged their Linum yet? I'm gonna get a remold (and a pair of micros once they start offering them again) from CE and I intend to wear them to work. I can't tell you how many times I've snagged my other cables, sometimes hard enough to pull the monitors OUT of my ears... with no ill effects. I worry should something like that happen with this cable, it'll snap like string. (I suppose I could route the wire under my shirt)

2. Does anyone have any reason to believe these will short sooner than ordinary cables? At ~$80 a pop, I don't really wanna have to replace this often, considering you can get a 2-pin cable from Alien Ears for $25.

3. Without the memory wire, can these easily be draped over your ears when you aren't wearing them? At work, I often take my monitors out but rather than drape them over my shoulders, I just leave the memory wire over my ears. Is this possible with the Linum or does the weight of the monitors pull the cable down?

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #265 of 686
  A few questions:

1. Has anyone snagged their Linum yet? I'm gonna get a remold (and a pair of micros once they start offering them again) from CE and I intend to wear them to work. I can't tell you how many times I've snagged my other cables, sometimes hard enough to pull the monitors OUT of my ears... with no ill effects. I worry should something like that happen with this cable, it'll snap like string. (I suppose I could route the wire under my shirt)

2. Does anyone have any reason to believe these will short sooner than ordinary cables? At ~$80 a pop, I don't really wanna have to replace this often, considering you can get a 2-pin cable from Alien Ears for $25.

3. Without the memory wire, can these easily be draped over your ears when you aren't wearing them? At work, I often take my monitors out but rather than drape them over my shoulders, I just leave the memory wire over my ears. Is this possible with the Linum or does the weight of the monitors pull the cable down?

1.  I have snagged the Linum (I had the BaX MMCX version) when I owned it (sent it back).  Snagged because the cable was too short for me, and I would always snag the lower part of the cable with my iPhone's holster.  The cable is thin, but is strong.  

2.  My Linum would get intermittent signal drop-outs with my SE846, but it may be different with your IEM.  You would just have to try it out to find out for yourself.

3.  The Linum's cable is so thin and light, that draping the cable over my ear with the IEMs attached would cause it to swing like crazy when I wasn't wearing them.  The extra weight of my Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves further exasperated this action.  Even draping it over my chest (if the cable was in my shirt) would cause the IEMs to swing like crazy whenever I walked.  There is simply no way to have a draping and not have to accommodate the extra swinging the cable will create.  Even if you drape it over your shoulders, for me, the cable was too short that the IEMs would move around, and would risk falling from my shoulders.

With my SE846 (others have reported the same issue, and some haven't heard a difference) there is an apparent loss of sound quality, like everything is veiled and muffled.  That coupled with the shortness of the cable (for me) were the two main reasons why I returned mine.

Wherever you decide purchase the Linum from, find out if you can return it if you don't like it, and make your own determination if the cable meets your every want and need.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #266 of 686
CE's linums are heat formed at the ear part to give it the curve that sits well over

Also my second cable gets rough treatment 4 times a week at the gym for quite some time now and other than it being a bit more tangly when i take it out it's case it's just as good as the day I got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back