Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #226 of 686
that .75 will lasso a lot of buyers - I hope they make it a bit longer.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #227 of 686
  that .75 will lasso a lot of buyers - I hope they make it a bit longer.

The cable itself is longer AND the y-split is longer as well - They actually listen to what you guys have been telling them. 
beerchug.gif

The only negative thing I have to say about today's field trip is that I got to play with the AK240. I should NOT have done that.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #230 of 686
i wonder whether they will make one for extruded 2 pin like UM ones. 

My understanding is the extruded UM socket is basically a copy of the UE extruded socket. If so, the regular 2Pin looks great on the extruded socket. I have a few pics with my UERM in this review:
http://cymbacavum.com/2014/09/24/estron-linum-balanced-2-5-trrs-think-thin-then-think-thinner/

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #233 of 686
I recently tried something that made both the 2-pin and the MMCX solution look and feel positively dated, unstable and humongous.

I'll tell you more (with pretty pictures) as soon as I get the clearance to do so.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #234 of 686
Well that was fast - Carit from Estron just called me and gave the green light :)

Say hello to the T2 connector, seen here next to my angled 2-pin. The thing is positively tiny, yet robust and the connection is rock solid. I'm hoping these really take off, as are Estron so they'll be showing them off at the Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival. They can be embedded as well, basically making them disappear:

I want this socket on my CIEMs and I want it now. Only downside is that it's not really as DIY friendly as the 2-pin connector.

Left to right: Linum 2-pin (smaller than most), T2, MMCX. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #235 of 686
Sorry, bit confused, the linum 2 pin isn't new, I've had CIEMS that shipped with it for quite some time, both my pairs of CIEMS from Cosmic ears have it and in fact its been their standard cable for a while now. The cable is truly fantastic, and I used to have the old 2 pin connector CIEMS and the t2 is a massive upgrade.

That second last picture, the weird ass looking flesh coloured shell looks like Cosmic ears 

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #238 of 686
Am I missing something? If you buy their cable with this new connector, other than Cosmic Ears, what other IEMs do they fit?

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #240 of 686
The news is that they'll be pushing this connector to other parties as well. We need something better than the old 2-pin, and MMCX isn't cutting it. Estron hopes that their T2 will be adopted by more manufacturers as the new de facto standard. Well they have my vote... Here's a new, angled version still in the prototype state:

It swivels and thus allows you to wear your cables over the ears or down the front, whatever you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back