*^Click to see larger image^*​
What's in the Box 

1. EDM Universe in-ear headphones
  2. EDM Universe wristband
  3. Zipper carrying case
  4. 4 pairs of ear tips
  5. Shirt clip, attached to the cable
  6. User manual

Tried various photo uploading websites and due to the large resolution of the images, the images get compressed and lose lots of visual detail.

Download them to see them in all their glory.

45MB - http://www.mediafire.com/?dpht877lu4a0dv3

_________
 Specifications 
driver9 mm ultra high performance drivers with neodymium magnets
frequency response20 Hz to 20 kHz
impedance16 Ohms at 1K
sensitivity97 dB (1mW at 1KHZ)
noise isolationup to 24 dB
cable length130 cm / 51 in flat cable
rated input power2 mW
max power input5 mW

_________
Build quality is solid, nothing feels cheap about the earphones. No visible mold marks on the plastic portions of the product besides on the headphone jack and Y split though they're smooth and flush with the surface.

The tangle free flat cable works quite well in preventing knotting and tangling even when stuffing the earphones into your pocket or wrapping them up quickly. The cable feels quite sturdy and holds up well against stress on the cable from tugging or getting caught on objects.

The built in volume slider attached to the microphone works well and comes in handy for when you need to hear your surroundings or what someone is saying to you.

The microphone works on all iDevices and most of all Android phones. The button works to answer/end calls and to play/pause music.
_________
Sound Quality

Highs:
Highs are present and a bit bright at times when listening at higher volumes. Snares, claps, hi-hats, and other treble sounds all sound very present and airy.

Mids:
The midrange lacks energy due to the V shape sound signature of the earphone, both male and female vocals are hit and miss, either sounding present, flat, or a bit beneath the track.

With that said vocals and the overall midrange is still very much present but it doesn't shine.

Bass:
Great bass and sub-bass extension. Kick drums have a nice thump to them, not quite punchy but overall the bass response is warm and satisfying.

Soundstage:
The sound presentation is good and instrumental separation is noticeable. Overall the IEM has a small soundstage.

Using Virtual Barber Shop as a benchmark, you hear the characters in the audio go about 20-30 degree's(in front and behind) either to your left or right when they are walking around.

You can hear the guitarist strumming away clearly in the background and you can hear the quiet dialog when he answers the phone.

When the person is cutting your hair you don't hear the scissors or electric razor go behind your head or over your head, the sound imaging stays closer to and around your ears.

Microphone:
The built in inline microphone sounds clear and voice comes through sounding natural with minimal sibilance.
_________
Conclusion:
For an IEM marketed at the electronic dance music connoisseur at MSRP $49.95, the overall presentation of electronic music through the earphone is suitable for all genre's and production styles making the earphone a very fun listen. MEElectronics did an excellent job designing a great looking, well built product with multiple color variations for their targeted audience at a very reasonable price point.

_________
The product includes a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Buy the EDM Universe IEM Here: http://www.meelec.com/EDM_Universe_s/420.htm

May 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Very Nice Review! These Seem very good, but i wonder how they compare to the other cheap gems of head-fi, such as monoprice 8320,sony mh1c, ps vita in ear headphones.

i currently use the Jvc SA-400 carbon nanotube, and they honestly are one of the most balanced headphones i used. Incredible for the price, and are bright. i found a new sound signature though, im gonna call it lush and sweet, i dont know why, but 2 headphones i tried they sounded very warm and sweet, and smooth, i think it was the mids, no extended treble, which was very nice for me because i hate sibilance. Also Jvc launced a subwoofer in their new professional headphone lines. once again very nice review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back