[Review] (dtses14) eBay seller of ShureSE535/846 Silver Litz Aftermarket Cable [Review]
Apr 13, 2015 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

itsmejulieeye

New Head-Fier
I have been trying for ages messing around with a few "Aftermarket " Cables for my Shure SE535Ltd IEM'S as I always felt that the standard grey cable supplied could be bettered by a long way.

I 1stly tried a Copper with Silver plating Custom made cable by an eBay seller I forget his user name & for that I apologise but I remember they were called "Pearl V2" with a requested add on blue braid & an Oyaide Plug.
Now this was an improvement over the stock cable but it wasn't as good as I was expecting :frowning2:

I waited a while researching varies cables & possibilities etc...

I then took the plunge & bought the "Baldur MKIII Cable from eBay seller "sunricky" & after a long burn in time the Cable was beginning to sound pretty nice to my ears, so I thought my journey was over :wink:

But...
My girlfriend then informed me she was setting up a custom made Silver Litz Cable made for the Shure SE 535LTDS (The Red Asian Import versions not the American red versions which are standard 535's coloured RED + simply have a black cable with voice control & not enhanced sound like the Japanese Import 535Ltds have). Anyway I asked her to ask the seller for some extra customisation of a right angled Rhodium Plated 3.5 Plug + x2 Rhodium Plated Pins at the Bud side which after sourcing time he was more than happy to do.

The guy sells his Silver Cables under the eBay user name of dtses14
At first glance the Cable was expertly made & came with a nice Black Velvet like pouch.
Upon my 1st listen I was quickly reminded of why all my Hi-Fi's RCA/ PHONO Cables are all Silver Litz, the separation from Bass to Highs was that usual Silver signature straight away even without any burn in at all.

I was hooked from that moment on & ever since I've just used every excuse I can to listen to this guy's excellent cable either thought my Astell & Kern AK120 or my Colorfly C4 & also through my main Hi-Fi's Arcam D33 DAC/ Objective 2 Combo.

Oh there is 1 thing I have left till near the end of this review & it's this fact that including my upgrades asked for the Cable was still under £100. Yes you heard right Under £100!.!.!

So to sum up on this cable available from eBay user: "dtses14" ;

Build quality = It's built superbly & I believe he offers a decent warranty should the worst happen, but it appears to me to be built very robustly indeed.

Sound Quality = Well lets face it we're all after improvements in sound using any methods or extras we can try/ get... This Cable just sounds bang on - Soundstage is right there & the separation is astonishing considering the IEM's in question cost me £430 & the Cable under £100, this cable will make your Shure 535Ltd's or even 846's sound bang on IMHO.

Customer Service = "dtses" will help you out & provide excellent after sales support too, a novelty in these days!

Want to get the best out of your Shure SE'S or UE's? Then don't delay as at under £100 this cable's fantastic.
A strong 5/5 or 10/10 even :)

1 other thing I forgot to mention also is that I own a pair of Sennheiser IE800's & IMHO I couldn't pick out of the 2 IEM's which I would keep if I was made to choose so I'm glad I have both pairs, but Mr dtses from eBay's Silver Litz Cable makes my 535Ltd's sound that good, if I only had the stock gray cable I'd sell the 535Ltd's tomorrow :wink:

Thx J.
P.S. If buying Silver Litz be prepared to allow 100hrs Burn In Time (It'll be worth it trust me).[/SIZE4]

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 2
I bought 3 cables from him and my experience was the same as yours. He is a great guy that will do custom work for very reasonable prices. His quality is amazing for the price. His cables sound excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back