Review: Denon AH-C260 vs Skullcandy Smokin Buds
May 31, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #16 of 22
yes the isolation is ok, not great but enough. my soundmagic PL50 isolate better. but they would be fine for normal walking around and commuting.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 22
well my PL50's broke, so with some pliers i got the medium foam tips on the denons, and wow, tamed the bass and brought out the highs and mids. Also more comfy, i much prefer foam to silicone. My mum thought they had a bit too much treble tho. I didnt find them very bright. Still got nice punchy bass. Quite similar to the K518 DJ sig just less refined.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #19 of 22
No. They are at about the same price. A better upgrade would be the Denon AH-C560.

Quote:
Can you please let me know if it would be a wise upgrade from the sennheiser cx300 to the Denon AH-C260? Thank you. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 22
Wow, I remember the day I got my Smokin' Buds and I was superhappy about them. Tho they suck ass and I won't nothing to do with Skullcandy ever again :D

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #21 of 22
a good upgrade is DUNU DN12 Trident, much tighter controlled bass, more upfront mids and the highs are better, they just lack sparkle. i have just got meelec A151 and they are great, although i still think i like my PL50 more. but they are not for bass heads, more detail and mids, and speed.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #22 of 22
Hey Oscar!

Thanks for the precise review of Denon AH-260. I have tried Skullcandy and JBL and was looking out for a new pair of earphones. I came across Denon AH-260 on one of the online shopping portal portal but was unsure about the quality and output of it and hence was in doubt. Your review has solved ma doubt... Thanks again.. Take care...

Vinayak 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back