REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Feb 22, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #46 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by musako6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
o man...congrats on the 3322...it looks so good......! Now only if I could get my hands on its lil brother the 332
redface.gif

There's a great one in the For Sale forum - grab it before its gone!!!

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #47 of 492
3322 works great with my k701 and k702. It gives out very detail, solid, enough base with 702 for me but 701. After 50hours run in, K702 sound with 3322 is great in musical instrument and voice. HD650 is waiting for run in but is sound very very detail already... If going to compare HD650 and K701, I think HD650 is a realistic painting with a few enhancing saturation; k702 is a impressionism painting but detail enough for sure...

Mod 3322 with WBT 0244 will have more detail and solid base! since the original one start to change color before....Power plug changed as well with rhodium plated furutech, sound more "elastic".

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #49 of 492
Thanks for a great review, I want this amp more than ever now.
One question, though. Anyone here running this amp or any other tube-amp in this pricerange with a pair of Grado RS1? As I understand these have lower impedance than both the akg 701 / senn 650, and Im very interested in what others report the sound to be like. Im basically looking for that overwhelming and big soundstage but with good punch and detail. I`m not at all experienced in this, though, so I could be way off with the grados for that purpose.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #50 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogygia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If going to compare HD650 and K701, I think HD650 is a realistic painting with a few enhancing saturation; k702 is a impressionism painting but detail enough for sure

Hey,
That is pretty good analogy
atsmile.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #51 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexboo12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,
That is pretty good analogy
atsmile.gif

Yes, I was about to say the very same thing. Poetic...

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #52 of 492
i got a quick question, i just acquire the 3322 but it seem kinda weird to me, the left and right volume seem unbalance
meaning if i set for example 9 o'clock on the right, my left needs to be 3 o'clock to sound balance?
futhermore, it seem that my left channel seem to be more louder at max volume while my right channel sound almost from 12 o'clock onward, something wrong with the amp?
prompt reply will be very much appreciate so i could revet back to the seller as he claims it alright and normal

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #53 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathg0d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got a quick question, i just acquire the 3322 but it seem kinda weird to me, the left and right volume seem unbalance
meaning if i set for example 9 o'clock on the right, my left needs to be 3 o'clock to sound balance?
futhermore, it seem that my left channel seem to be more louder at max volume while my right channel sound almost from 12 o'clock onward, something wrong with the amp?
prompt reply will be very much appreciate so i could revet back to the seller as he claims it alright and normal

Have you checked the connection of your phones in the phone jack?

Sometimes, a poor connection in the phone jack can create such an imbalance. You might try moving the plug around in the jack, rotating it, etc. to see if that resolves the imbalance.

You may also want to check your RCA input connections, as well as your tube connections.

I wouldn't think that much imbalance between channels would be normal. I'm sure other DV3322 owners would have reported such a significant imbalance, if they experienced the same thing - and they haven't.

But... some of the engineers may have some better ideas of what might cause such an imbalance.

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #54 of 492
Big imbalance there, DeathgOd. Definately not normal. Could be a headphone jack problem, but could also be a tube not working properly on one side. Have you tried any other tubes to see if that's the problem?

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #55 of 492
it looks amazing~for the price...

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #56 of 492
connecting it up through my imod>vcap tftf>DV 3322>K702 i was slap in the face with the following problem

1. huge channel imbalance on k702. the left channel can only produce like about 50% of right channel volume at max means to say, i turn left channel vol knob to max it only sound like right channel vol set at 12 o'clock

2. need to listen at very high vol and the bass is not even punchy though its there

so i initially suspected that the dv322 is faulty, so i plug in my ue 11 instead and found no problems at all and the vol knob are totally in sync left and right not going over more then 9 o'clock position

and so again i suspected it must be k702 faulty thus i put it into my larocco pr ii and match the left/right sound several times and found they are perfectly alright and sound image are totally in center.

hope i dont annoy anyone with my noobest questions of the year =(

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #57 of 492
Just bought one more Flash, let take some photo!
Nikon SB900+SB800

Yeah...I left some screw sockets alone...
DSC_1237copy.jpg

DSC_1241copy.jpg

RCA input was changed to WBT0201, furutech for power
DSC_1244copy.jpg

DSC_1247copy.jpg

DSC_1249copy.jpg

DSC_1261copy.jpg

It seems really hot inside
DSC_1262copy.jpg

DSC_1266copy.jpg

DSC_1269copy.jpg

TFK
DSC_1271copy.jpg

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #58 of 492
Thats quite an imbalance between channels - mine are almost the same (and never much above 9:00) - mine sounds marvelous with either lower (Denon AH-D5000's) or higher (Senn HD 600's) - huge sound stage, stunning clarity, tight bass, and extended sweet top end - what more could you ask for? Seems hard to beat at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back