[ REVIEW / COMPARISON ] Two Flagships Pass in the Night: Sony XBA-4 Review VS the MDR-EX1000 [Updated with 7550 and XBA-40!]
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #91 of 296
Major price break on Sony XBA-4!  $205 plus shipping.

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, which is govtechdepot.com.  His supply is not 100% rock solid, so you may have to wait a couple extra days.  But that's days, not weeks.

To get the price, visit the website and search for Sony XBA-4.  You should see this price ($205.)  You may have to call their 800 number to check stock/place order.,

Apparently, from what this guy tells me, Sony has an internal rebate program going on for the trade (not retail).  So this is unadvertised for us (retail), but places like Best Buy can use it to give super-cheap prices to walk-ins.

$205 plus shipping -- mine came to about $216, CA to NJ -- is a very good price for this headphone.  It's also about 30% below what you'll see on Ebay today.

(Moderators: If this is posted in an inappropriate forum, please move to where it should go.  It's not a ForSale by me, and it's not a sponsored Deal. I have no connection with this company.  You may read about my experience with them on ResellerRatings.com.)

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #92 of 296
on the pioneer hdj 500's even being closed headphones there was incredible soundstage on the circum song and i felt like i was flying through space drifting back and forth i have yet to try real open headphones any recomendations that i could find in store in america. i listen to really bassy music so i like nice bass but the mids cant be recessed or muffled like the vmoda crossfade's or beats headphones

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #93 of 296
Quote:
Major price break on Sony XBA-4!  $205 plus shipping.

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, which is govtechdepot.com.  His supply is not 100% rock solid, so you may have to wait a couple extra days.  But that's days, not weeks.

To get the price, visit the website and search for Sony XBA-4.  You should see this price ($205.)  You may have to call their 800 number to check stock/place order.,

Apparently, from what this guy tells me, Sony has an internal rebate program going on for the trade (not retail).  So this is unadvertised for us (retail), but places like Best Buy can use it to give super-cheap prices to walk-ins.

$205 plus shipping -- mine came to about $216, CA to NJ -- is a very good price for this headphone.  It's also about 30% below what you'll see on Ebay today.

(Moderators: If this is posted in an inappropriate forum, please move to where it should go.  It's not a ForSale by me, and it's not a sponsored Deal. I have no connection with this company.  You may read about my experience with them on ResellerRatings.com.)

I hate you
mad.gif

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #94 of 296
Quote:
I hate you
mad.gif

Drez, you might want to confirm if the sale actually goes through okay and if other people can get that price before you drop your own classified price XD

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #95 of 296
Quote:

I hate you
mad.gif

Hi drez --

Yes, I dithered for ~6 months between the ex1000 and XBA-4.  Along the way, I acquired a Westone 4R, a second SE-535, an ex600, a replacement cable for the ex600/ex1000 ...

The night I was finally ready to commit to an ex1000, I went to the Sony website, and found it was "no longer available". > pow! <

So ever since, I'd been pondering finding a used one.  Ebay's NOS is too high right now.  And I decided finally just a couple weeks ago I wanted an XBA-4 as well, because of the soundstage.  (I remembered a month ago seeing a used one posted in the ForSale forum here @ $250, but it was gone in a flash.)

Bottom line, I started using the standard price-search engines.  This CA outfit was iffy, obviously a startup, not too many product pages written, no record of them on ResellerRatings.com before April 2012.  But the price was too tempting to miss.  So I took a chance.

And I'm happy to say my new XBA-4s are already at a 12-hour burn--in stage.  (Unlike the ex models, you can fall asleep with these in, and the soundstage really is amazing.)

But if people are considering this purchase, I have no idea how long govtechdepot.com can keep this $205 price, since it's contingent on the Sony internal rebate mentioned above.

John

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #98 of 296
Two days ago I saw a set of brand new XBA-4 go for $117 Aus on auction - ebay. I can't believe I missed them. I had $110 bid down and walked up to the shops thinking there's no way I'll get them and missed out by $7.

Tragedy! 

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #100 of 296
Has anyone tried increasing the OHM on the XBA-4 and see if that changes the SQ? I would have lot to try it if I had any resistor in my position. 

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #101 of 296
Quote:
Two days ago I saw a set of brand new XBA-4 go for $117 Aus on auction - ebay. I can't believe I missed them. I had $110 bid down and walked up to the shops thinking there's no way I'll get them and missed out by $7.

Tragedy! 

The guy may have bid $300 and you wouldn't know.

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #102 of 296
Quote:
The guy may have bid $300 and you wouldn't know.

I guess we'll never know but very true! I did get infront a few times around the $80 - $100 mark. None the less they went for $107.00 

The same seller now has another pair of XBA-4 up for auction which I find a little fishy.

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #103 of 296
Quote:
I guess we'll never know but very true! I did get infront a few times around the $80 - $100 mark. None the less they went for $107.00 

The same seller now has another pair of XBA-4 up for auction which I find a little fishy.

Maybe he didn't hit his reserve?  Otherwise that is pretty odd to sell another pair...

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #105 of 296
XBA-4 are truly a $200 worth both in terms of construction and SQ. I bought mine real expensive. I hardly use it and the only reason I dont sell them is because the loss is to much. Test it guys before you buy them! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back