REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #601 of 807
Well there's definitely no squelch or blast of white noise, as the member describes, that I would find annoying, that's not right.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #602 of 807
I downloaded 7 albums today and I have had a listen to everyone of them and between every single track there is a short burst of static (that's the word I was looking for earlier).....but it is quite intense and very sharp on the ears.

I don't know what to do about it really......I'll probably delete all the albums tomorrow and the reload one or two of them and see if that makes a difference.

These are albums that I had has ALAC and had to rerip as WAV using dbPoweramp.

All I know is that if I can't get rid of the static between tracks then it will have to go....because it really is a pain and can't be food for the ears.

Other than that.....I hunk its great :)

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #603 of 807
Hopefully it's your files,

I would rip a fresh CD to FLAC or WAV and see it continues, just with one album to see if you source the problem.

Try reformatting your mircosd too.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #604 of 807
Well, it is strange but all of the iems I use with the c3 aren't exactly sensitive, so it might be related to that. I've been testing different iems trying to find it with no result - and that's with my er4s and b2 in my quiet home. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #605 of 807
The Clips are not "lifeless and dull".

What they are is neutral and perhaps a little clinical for some. If I were to draw an analogy with hi-fi equipment, they are like Marantz gear. Certainly if you like warmth or smoothness they are not the way to go, but there's not a thing wrong with the sound quality of the Clip's.

The Clip+ downfall is it lacks separation, detail and soundstage properties by a large margin. it's overall signature and clarity is decent, but it just sounds like listening to an FM radio. :p I swear to me it does, it sounds like listening to music all jumbled together, there's certainly decent clarity but they just fall apart in other areas.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #606 of 807
Quote:
The Clip+ downfall is it lacks separation, detail and soundstage properties by a large margin. it's overall signature and clarity is decent, but it just sounds like listening to an FM radio.
tongue.gif
I swear to me it does, it sounds like listening to music all jumbled together, there's certainly decent clarity but they just fall apart in other areas.

That much more articulately put than my words, right on the money sir.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #607 of 807
Ok, I just managed to reproduce the so called "pop" - it sounds like a hair on a vinyl record. It however is below my normal hearing threshold - I used my b2 and my e11 and pumped the volume. Then I used two tracks of silence and I heard it. The first thing I have to mention is that it doen't seem to occur every time. The second is that if I wasn't using silence but music my hearing would be damaged before the song was over and I definitely wouldn't hear anything. I still wonder if people reporting it has anything to do with the sensitivity of their headphones. There's no way I can hear that listening to music let alone being in a noisy environment as I don't use my C3 at home where there are no vibrations, loud noises and so on.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #608 of 807
Ok, I just managed to reproduce the so called "pop" - it sounds like a hair on a vinyl record. It however is below my normal hearing threshold - I used my b2 and my e11 and pumped the volume. Then I used two tracks of silence and I heard it. The first thing I have to mention is that it doen't seem to occur every time. The second is that if I wasn't using silence but music my hearing would be damaged before the song was over and I definitely wouldn't hear anything. I still wonder if people reporting it has anything to do with the sensitivity of their headphones. There's no way I can hear that listening to music let alone being in a noisy environment as I don't use my C3 at home where there are no vibrations, loud noises and so on.

Exactly, I can hear it, there's no problem there but it's soooo brief and quite though. The only way I can see it annoying some people is if they're preparing themselves for it every track change, then it may possibly sound a little like Chinese water torture. :D But, it's just sooo quite.

You should take this test Kova and see how you go... You can see my results in the thread. Stozzer you should do it too..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633360/test-your-ability-to-hear-pitch

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #611 of 807
That's interesting. At 500 Hz you can reliably hear pitch differences of 2.25 Hz, which means you did better than approximately 81.9% of people who took our test! I'm watching a movie now but I'll try it in the morning with different headphones as now that's with my Razer Barracuda which I use for movies and it isn't exactly audiophile grade.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #612 of 807
Oh and just quickly.

I was reading another C3 thread we have here which was before release, there's not much juicy info in it, but! the answer to people who were getting a play error msg sometimes was resolved by formatting their mircosd card. I know one member blamed the player and returned it, but cheap cards can cause problems.

I'd advise if you're having error msg to try formatting your card, it has cleared up the problem for several people and its the cards at fault not the player.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #613 of 807
HELP STILL NEEDED 
angry_face.gif

Ok unfortunately my experience with the C3 is really beginning to put me of this DAP.

I have just reloaded a couple of albums that I have re-ripped into FLAC format.....one is a 24/96 file which i have converted into 24/48 in WAV and the other is a CD I have just ripped to FLAC using the free version of dbPoweramp.

The 24/48 file has about three seconds of very high pitch and loud static between each track (not good for the ears) and the FLAC file just decides to stop after every track as though I have pressed the pause button!!

This is now becomming a bit annoying.....I bought this off a headfier on here who apparantly only used it for an hour and didnt like the small screen...although now Im wondering?? Do you think I have a faulty C3?

I dont want to have to sell this...but its looking more and more like that if I cant solve this problem.

Jay

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #615 of 807
Quote:
HELP STILL NEEDED 
angry_face.gif

Ok unfortunately my experience with the C3 is really beginning to put me of this DAP.

I have just reloaded a couple of albums that I have re-ripped into FLAC format.....one is a 24/96 file which i have converted into 24/48 in WAV and the other is a CD I have just ripped to FLAC using the free version of dbPoweramp.

The 24/48 file has about three seconds of very high pitch and loud static between each track (not good for the ears) and the FLAC file just decides to stop after every track as though I have pressed the pause button!!

This is now becomming a bit annoying.....I bought this off a headfier on here who apparantly only used it for an hour and didnt like the small screen...although now Im wondering?? Do you think I have a faulty C3?

I dont want to have to sell this...but its looking more and more like that if I cant solve this problem.

Jay

Well, does that static happen between all types of files or just partucular tracks? I have a lot of 24/48 WAV files and everything else is in FLAC - my C3 definitely has no issues with static, pops, unplayable files or anything else, so if it isn't your files' fault then it is probably your C3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back