Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Nov 11, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #257 of 694
using dacport slim with LG g3 :
20 minutes and 5 songs with wifi tidal lossless, screen off:
Gone from 37% to 31%.
Seems fine to me .

That's close to 20% per hour which to me is pretty heavy. I'd guess it depends on what you use your phone for through the rest of the day.......

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #259 of 694
Got it from Massdrop... and looking forward to upgrade my experience with Spotify in my office. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #260 of 694
I'm also waiting for mine to arrive from the recent drop. I'm curious to compare it to my current combo - HiFimeDIY DAC + Cayin C5 or Fiio F12A. I just hope more stable drivers are released sooner rather than later.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #262 of 694

Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
 ​
 ​

Firmware update -- DACport Slim only

If you own a DACport Slim from the earlier batches (purchased in mid- to late 2015), you may benefit from a firmware upgrade. This update will resolve compatibility issues with some USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and offer fully stable performance with Macs and PCs. Note that DACport HD does not require an update, so if you have a DACport HD, you don't need to perform this firmware upgrade.This is only for DACport Slim.

We have created two ways of updating the firmware. If you use a Mac, click here. If you have a Windows machine, click here.

Thanks a lot for the review! Especially the firmware upgrade link!
Honestly CEntrance website is not very user friendly for getting support when we have problem.

I had issue with USB compatibility on my HP 2560p EliteBook. None of the USB ports were compatible with the DACport Slim. Spent hours to troubleshoot until I read about that firmware upgrade that eventually solved the USB compatibility issue. I ordered the DACport Slim recently in October from Massdrop, but seems that I got the older batch with old firmware.

I have another problem with DACport Slim and Foobar2000 v1.3.3.
Most of the time I use foobar WASAPI driver with all my DACs, and so far all my DACs are compatible with the WASAPI driver, and automatically switch the sampling rate accordingly when I switch from one sampling rate to other sampling rate. The problem is, DACport Slim is not compatible with the WASAPI driver. So, when switching sampling rate, or if we have a compilation of different tracks with different sampling rates, for example moving from 24/96 files to 24/44 files, I got error:

"Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

Then I have to go to CEntrace control panel and switch the sampling rate manually in order to play the file. Very very annoying!
The option of 'ASIO host can change' the sampling rate never worked so far.

Does anyone have the solution how to make CEntrace DACport Slim compatible with WASAPI driver?

Thank you!

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #263 of 694
Problem solved. Suddenly there is this option appear on foobar:

Using the CEntrance ASIO driver solved the sampling rate selection problem. 
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #268 of 694
Today I received Dacport Slim,
good present for my brithday :p

does anyone know where can I get - Micro USB -> Micro USB (male to male) cable?

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #269 of 694
my current favorite things :p

First impression dacport is more polite than go720

Users who are viewing this thread

Back