Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #406 of 694
Just fill it with random trash and just your email, it takes seconds. They asked for it.

Edit: Looks like this driver fixed a small bug where input would have some milliseconds cut from it, like when you rapidly click on the windows sound thing while no other audio was running you used to hear a lot of cut off sound. Seems to no longer be the case.

Nice! The cuts have been bugging me for some time. :)

Let's just hope the Windows 10 anniversary update doesn't screw everything up again...

QAQ

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #407 of 694
Nice! The cuts have been bugging me for some time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's just hope the Windows 10 anniversary update doesn't screw everything up again...

QAQ

The problem returned as soon as I changed default 16/44 to 24/192. Even after changing back the bug did not go away.
Obviously it's something wrong with their software, somewhat sad they don't bother fixing bugs.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #408 of 694
The problem returned as soon as I changed default 16/44 to 24/192. Even after changing back the bug did not go away.
Obviously it's something wrong with their software, somewhat sad they don't bother fixing bugs.

I see. Thanks for the feedback.

I never really bothered with anything above 44 kHz, but I still get that issue at times. :/

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #409 of 694

I've had problem with sound drop out as well but this is due to the DPC Latency issue with Windows 10. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing but yeah, maybe you can use the program Latency Mon to monitor the DPC latency on your PC. 

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #410 of 694
I've had problem with sound drop out as well but this is due to the DPC Latency issue with Windows 10. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing but yeah, maybe you can use the program Latency Mon to monitor the DPC latency on your PC. 
Thanks for the info!

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #411 of 694
i bought, today, from massdrop one dacport slim.
i have possibility, on ebay, to buy one geek out v1(450 or 700) for 100€.
you think that i´ll buy also the geek out or i don´t will have big improvements compared to the dacslim?
thank you

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #412 of 694
you think that i´ll buy also the geek out or i don´t will have big improvements compared to the dacslim?
thank you

Do a search in this thread for Geek Out several have provided so insight that have heard them both.

I have not heard the Geek Out products, but am very satisfied with with my DACport.

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #413 of 694
thank you

I had the GO450 and wasn't too happy with it.  I prefer the Slim for it's warmer sound.  The GO450 sounded a bit cold and etched to me, especially in the treble.  This is from memory so please take it with a grain of salt.

I don't think one is necessarily better or worse than the other, they just portray music differently IMO.  Also, the GO doesn't have physical volume control with the newer firmwares, but does have selectable digital filters.  The Slim has a physical volume knob and gain switch.

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #414 of 694

I had the GO450 and wasn't too happy with it.  I prefer the Slim for it's warmer sound.  The GO450 sounded a bit cold and etched to me, especially in the treble.  This is from memory so please take it with a grain of salt.

I don't think one is necessarily better or worse than the other, they just portray music differently IMO.  Also, the GO doesn't have physical volume control with the newer firmwares, but does have selectable digital filters.  The Slim has a physical volume knob and gain switch.

thank you for your feedback.
my headphone is oppo pm-3, so, considering what you said, probably the geek out isn´t the most suitable
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #416 of 694
Originally Posted by alota 

thank you for your feedback.
my headphone is oppo pm-3, so, considering what you said, probably the geek out isn´t the most suitable
beerchug.gif

I used the Slim briefly with my PM3's and enjoyed the sound.  :)

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #420 of 694
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4p4cks/centrance_dacport_slimhd/

Cany anyone comment on this. Thread says that the dacport slim has audible noise floor with lower impeadence headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back