Review: BURSON Headphone Amp 160 and AKG K702 combo
Jun 5, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #16 of 24
Just wanted to give Kudos on the review. Thanks for sharing it. I love the use of pics to illustrate the point. 
So, have you tired the Burson with other Cans? I am surely not alone in wanting to hear your impressions of with something other than the 702. 

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #17 of 24
Compliments on the review! The Bursons seems like a nice amp though perhaps a tad too "simple" for the price.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 24

The Bursons seems like a nice amp though perhaps a tad too "simple" for the price.

Please explain how the "goldpoint headphone pro" you own is any less simple...it's a bunch of $2 AD825 opamps on a SMPS wall wart, yet it costs $550 
wink_face.gif

Too bad I don't live in The Netherlands anymore, I would have been glad to let you try mine.

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Just wanted to give Kudos on the review. Thanks for sharing it. I love the use of pics to illustrate the point. 
So, have you tired the Burson with other Cans? I am surely not alone in wanting to hear your impressions of with something other than the 702. 

Well, I don't have another pair of full sized cans. Unless someone gifts me a HD800 / T1
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #21 of 24
Wow, nice review. Steve Guttenburg over at the audiophilliac just did a review of this amp and he may have used the T1 as one of the phones used to test. Or maybe it was in the separate review of the T1's, but I just figured it might help someone out. Back to the amp, though,it seems to offer a lot for the money...too many choices :)

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #24 of 24
The AHD7000 shouldn't be a hard to drive phone... I don't see how it can't match well with the Burson HA-160.  Some people worries that the HA-160 has too much power for the Grado, but personally, I loved the combo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back