[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,486 of 7,014
lol... LMAO 
darthsmile.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,487 of 7,014
No suprises. :wink:

Ultrazino prefers the sd3 over eke's favorite iem ie800, they(ie800) don't have the best reputation in the german hifi forum(the iem crowd there prefer BAs), at this level it simply depends on whom you ask.

But the SD3 isn't on the same technical level at all, even accounting for signature preferences.

The IE800 isn't my fave :wink:

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,489 of 7,014
Just referring to :'The Sennheiser IE800 is probably my favorite IEM to date..'from the first post, flat-4 comparison.

That was over 2 weeks ago. You can't expect that to still be valid... :)

Still, it doesn't change much.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,490 of 7,014
Really? And yet even the summary of the asg-2 comparison was a close call.

Will you lend sinth the asg-2? I bet he's curios and it would be interesting to read the result, I was not surprised by this one, Sinth seems a bit shocked. :D
Unfortunately I am nowhere near to get my hands on the asg-2 just for testing and my curiosity is limited because I am very happy with the sd3. :wink:

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #1,492 of 7,014
Really? And yet even the summary of the asg-2 comparison was a close call.

Will you lend sinth the asg-2? I bet he's curios and it would be interesting to read the result, I was not surprised by this one, Sinth seems a bit shocked. :D
Unfortunately I am nowhere near to get my hands on the asg-2 just for testing and my curiosity is limited because I am very happy with the sd3. :wink:

I would have, but he said he wouldn't be willing to, given the distance.

This is Carlsan's pair. He also owns the ASG-2, so he can also give his comparison when I send it back, if you don't trust mine.

So what is your favorite now?

That would be the ASG-2.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,493 of 7,014
I'm the train now.. The G2s are getting me lots of looks, never got looks like this since my customs...

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,494 of 7,014
Don't the hybrid tips have smaller bores? Wonder how that affects the sound. I should try that today.

Yep. They require a very particular chain of curses and profanities in order to slide on correctly. Consider me thankful that the bore on the G-2 seems much, much more solid than the one on the IE8 :wink:

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,496 of 7,014
Quote:
SD3 added to second post.

Very interesting!
Thanks!

Now I really want to hear Carlsans comparison. The part with the bass that bleeds everywhere (you should not try to picture that....) seems odd to me. Could it be that so many people don't hear that or just don't care about it?

I don't even own one of these phones and I'm still excited about every bit of impression about them here :D

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,498 of 7,014
Every time I read this thread I feel like I put my money in the right place for my choice in IEM.

Thanks for the impressions eke. They are fantastic as always.

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #1,499 of 7,014
I like the slight change in format Eke.

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,500 of 7,014
I like the slight change in format Eke.

I'm glad you noticed :)

Every time I read this thread I feel like I put my money in the right place for my choice in IEM.

Thanks for the impressions eke. They are fantastic as always.

Nice impressions, Eke!

Very interesting!

Thanks!

Now I really want to hear Carlsans comparison. The part with the bass that bleeds everywhere (you should not try to picture that....) seems odd to me. Could it be that so many people don't hear that or just don't care about it?

I don't even own one of these phones and I'm still excited about every bit of impression about them here :D

Thanks guys.

I'll send it out to Carlsan tomorrow. He'll have it in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back