[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Feb 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #4,626 of 7,021

Here is something for you guys.
I used my Car paint spray compressor and bought some plasti dip.

(just in case anyone here want to do the same, 8 coats, first two very very light coats then 6 heavy coats. And try to use a compressor gun if you can they have superior nozzles and can spread it very well, if a compressor is to expensive then they have a can version but the nozzle is horrific. They do sell those aluminum nozzles for can sprays which have a very good spread etc)

These are rubber coated ASG-2s.
Great texture and it makes the G-2s more durable shatter proof.
Plus they look great now.
Alot of grip.
Ofcourse I made sure to plug up all the ports and screws just in case.
Later I'm gonna use the carbon fiber vinyl to cover the faceplate and do a final gloss coat of plasti dip to "bond" carbon fiber to the IEM make it look like it was part of the mold. (like those Lear iems with carbon fiber faceplate =P)

This looks and sounds fantastic!

Kudos to you sir!

Edit: I just zoomed in on my iPhone. New impressions: sounds fantastic, looks a bit too rough/uneven in texture but you're not done I take it. Maybe less coats or lighter coats would be more to my taste if this was the final output.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #4,629 of 7,021

This looks and sounds fantastic!

Kudos to you sir!

Edit: I just zoomed in on my iPhone. New impressions: sounds fantastic, looks a bit too rough/uneven in texture but you're not done I take it. Maybe less coats or lighter coats would be more to my taste if this was the final output.

Ah yes I knew someone would spot the texture issue I was having, this is the result of to many layers, so I redid it now with a thin first coat and a medium thick coat.
Now it looks like it's the stock she'll color with a nice Matt finish to it! It even has the ridges that are already existent iem so it's like skin! I topped it off with a carbon fiber vinyl on the face plate. (but I may have used the heat gun too long and it got "discolored) so I'm going to attempt the carbon fiber again.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #4,630 of 7,021
Ok I'm at work now but I managed to take a photo of the almost finished product (the carbon fiber wasn't cut very well)
But you can see the plasti dip is like a second skin to the g-2s and it is actually more sweat resistant now! Cuz usually when I sweat it sort of sticks to the iem, but when coated the sweat falls right off!

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #4,631 of 7,021
I kinda dig the deep all-black look. More Batman than the Stealth. 

I wanted to leave it at that, but as you can see the screws are shining through, I had to peel the plasti dip from the screws and it was quite tough. But leaving the screws black didn't look as nice as it did =).
Hey if anyone of you want I can do it for you guys. I got a bit of plasti dip left and epoxy(to block the holes so it doesn't void your warranty as no liquid will enter the iem) best part it's totally reversible! Don't like it? Just peel it off (though you should have a plastic knife to niche it first it's not so easy to remove without one)

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,632 of 7,021

Here is something for you guys.
I used my Car paint spray compressor and bought some plasti dip.

(just in case anyone here want to do the same, 8 coats, first two very very light coats then 6 heavy coats. And try to use a compressor gun if you can they have superior nozzles and can spread it very well, if a compressor is to expensive then they have a can version but the nozzle is horrific. They do sell those aluminum nozzles for can sprays which have a very good spread etc)

These are rubber coated ASG-2s.
Great texture and it makes the G-2s more durable shatter proof.
Plus they look great now.
Alot of grip.
Ofcourse I made sure to plug up all the ports and screws just in case.
Later I'm gonna use the carbon fiber vinyl to cover the faceplate and do a final gloss coat of plasti dip to "bond" carbon fiber to the IEM make it look like it was part of the mold. (like those Lear iems with carbon fiber faceplate =P)

Quite awesome!   So now they are "bombproof" and I need bombproof, like that's one reason I got the Studio V!!   What did you use to cover the ports and screwholes, some putty??

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #4,633 of 7,021
I have been looking for a complimentary IEM for my AS2, and wondered if anyone has heard of these:  Final Audio Design Heaven VI??? (they are spendy, but PriceJapan has one of the best prices so far)    Any other suggestions for complimentary IEM?   thanks in advance!

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #4,634 of 7,021
  I have been looking for a complimentary IEM for my AS2, and wondered if anyone has heard of these:  Final Audio Design Heaven VI??? (they are spendy, but PriceJapan has one of the best prices so far)    Any other suggestions for complimentary IEM?   thanks in advance!

If I were to buy a compliment iem, it would be one of the Ocharaku phones. They're just as magical as the ASG-2, but in a totally different way.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #4,635 of 7,021
If I were to buy a compliment iem, it would be one of the Ocharaku phones. They're just as magical as the ASG-2, but in a totally different way.

Apparently beginning to be sold in the US under the Olasonic brand :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back