[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Feb 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #4,606 of 7,021
Its the audiophile targeted G-phone that Dale has hinted at time and again. Apparently he'd picked up on a lot of feedback while touring thru Asia and has been working on a slew of tweaks so he'd have a phone that'd cater more towards audiophiles instead of relying on the Asg-2 to pull double duty (since that phone is designed for the professional market first and foremost)

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #4,608 of 7,021
Interesting! Maybe I should hold out a bit to see what this revision is about. Though, I'm curious as to what they mean by "audiophile" sound, as one of the reasons why I'm strongly gravitating to the ASG-2 is how seductive/laid-back/warm it seems to be to contrast my more reference-sounding full-sized.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4,609 of 7,021
Not sure, but count me interested!! At least if we can send off our existing G-2s to be upgraded... I've done waaaay too much spending recently otherwise :wink:

Dale or Andy, if you're reading this, please drop us a few hints!! As your potential customer base, consider us primed and ready for more information!! :)

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #4,610 of 7,021
I heard from a guy that knows a guy's cousin's bf's neighbor's sister that the 15mm driver will be changed to a 14.2mm driver with all parts being made in-house set for end of March... but you didnt hear that from me.  I have to admit, I am interested after hearing what I am hearing from the ASG2 I got yesterday.  Hope I didnt get anyone in trouble with the details.

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #4,611 of 7,021
Mmmm...very excited to see what comes about from Aurisonics. I spoke with Andy on the phone about 6 months ago, nice guy. I would love to see that cross-valve mod, more sub-bass extension & texture added to the already great ASG2 sound.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #4,613 of 7,021
Which earphone is this? 
basshead.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #4,617 of 7,021
yea useitifuhaveit sent me a link about it. Sounds like quite the interesting IEM... but definitely dont plan on spending anything on iems for a while as im pretty happy with the ASG2 and havent really heard anything worth upgrading to yet 
biggrin.gif

plus... kinda eyeing the new hifimans coming out...

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4,618 of 7,021

Here is something for you guys.
I used my Car paint spray compressor and bought some plasti dip.

(just in case anyone here want to do the same, 8 coats, first two very very light coats then 6 heavy coats. And try to use a compressor gun if you can they have superior nozzles and can spread it very well, if a compressor is to expensive then they have a can version but the nozzle is horrific. They do sell those aluminum nozzles for can sprays which have a very good spread etc)

These are rubber coated ASG-2s.
Great texture and it makes the G-2s more durable shatter proof.
Plus they look great now.
Alot of grip.
Ofcourse I made sure to plug up all the ports and screws just in case.
Later I'm gonna use the carbon fiber vinyl to cover the faceplate and do a final gloss coat of plasti dip to "bond" carbon fiber to the IEM make it look like it was part of the mold. (like those Lear iems with carbon fiber faceplate =P)

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #4,619 of 7,021
I know this is kind of a long shot... but has anyone put the ASG-2's against the 1964 V3's, or 1964 CIEMs in general?

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #4,620 of 7,021

Here is something for you guys.
I used my Car paint spray compressor and bought some plasti dip.

(just in case anyone here want to do the same, 8 coats, first two very very light coats then 6 heavy coats. And try to use a compressor gun if you can they have superior nozzles and can spread it very well, if a compressor is to expensive then they have a can version but the nozzle is horrific. They do sell those aluminum nozzles for can sprays which have a very good spread etc)

These are rubber coated ASG-2s.
Great texture and it makes the G-2s more durable shatter proof.
Plus they look great now.
Alot of grip.
Ofcourse I made sure to plug up all the ports and screws just in case.
Later I'm gonna use the carbon fiber vinyl to cover the faceplate and do a final gloss coat of plasti dip to "bond" carbon fiber to the IEM make it look like it was part of the mold. (like those Lear iems with carbon fiber faceplate =P)

Man, you're crazy. Awesome work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back