Review: Audio-gd C2C Headphone amp vs. Little Dot MKV
Nov 21, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #16 of 126
Hi,
i'm looking for an amp, and can't make a choice bw SA-100 and S1.
Source is Dac 100 with Moon.
Speakers are Tannoy mini Autograph

I'm looking for the best pure sound possible and don't need to much power.
Does someone have heard this 2 amp and can inform me about the main differences ?
Thank you.

Next time i 'll make a post about Dac 100 and RSA XP7 equiped with Moon.
(Great, great results )

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 126
G'day Rico67, I recall your post in the Moon HDAM thread about the RSA XP7.

You might find it a bit of a long shot that someone has one of these amps. I was surprised that Tyson had Audio-gd gear in his set-up. Someone with a good knowledge of electronics might be able to explain the difference, as Kingwa provides the circuit diagrams for both on his site.

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 126
To be honest, and with my integrity, I fully support the audio-gd gear are for the serious guys to pursue. It has potential beyond my imagination.

Me too, see u DAC 9MKII and FIA500 in 2009.

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #20 of 126
Getting impatient for internal shots
popcorn.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #21 of 126
Nov 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #22 of 126
And to add my personal view about why the audio-gd gear sounds so good, it's like a Ferrari vs. a tricked out Civic. Both will go fast, but the Ferrari is designed and built for speed from the ground up, no compromises. The tricked out civic can still perform very well, but there are certain design decisions that simply cannot be fully overcome.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #23 of 126
S-1 & SA-100
Nobody have soon heard this 2 amp for advise ?
I have only read than SA-100 was sond tubed and S-1 was very natural.
Difficult to make a choice.
I use the Dac 100 with moon as source and tannoy mini autograph as speakers.

I know it's heaphone place, but as it's about Kinngwa procducts, maybe one of you have some experience with this amps.

Concerning Moon in RSA XP7, i' m very enjoy it ( 150 hours on it) and wait until 300 hours to give some impressions.
(headphone is GS1000 ) and source are:
Imod+ Pvacaps as transportable gear
Dac 100 (moon) for home listening.

Sorry i just realise than i'm not in the right thread.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #24 of 126
Dear Currawong - lots of applause - and looking forward to more reviews from you (I very much enjoyed your notes on your choice of music ).. Noticing that you are holding on to your Zero the question from me (MacPro/opt/ZeroHDAM/Senn650) is, have you tried the C2C with the Zero ? It does seem like a fine combination...

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #25 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by svanholm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Currawong - lots of applause - and looking forward to more reviews from you (I very much enjoyed your notes on your choice of music ).. Noticing that you are holding on to your Zero the question from me (MacPro/opt/ZeroHDAM/Senn650) is, have you tried the C2C with the Zero ? It does seem like a fine combination...

Thanks svanholm. Yes, I have, when experimenting with HDAMs in the Zero. It's all a bit out of proportion: The C2C renders enough detail that I can clearly hear the difference when I change HDAMs, DACs or even cables. It's too good an amp for the Zero, though that doesn't mean if someone bought one that they'd be disappointed in the combination IMO, rather that it's priced disproportionately to the quality of source that it's capable of amplifying with equal quality.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 126
I pretty much sold my MKIV SE because the lack of "oompfh" with Denon's and now I'm decided to buy this amp. I'll probably mate it with Zapfiltered Zhaolu, so XLR's will come in handy.

Nov 25, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #27 of 126
And now I paid a total of 416$ for C2C with red front LED.

Can't wait to get it to me...

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #28 of 126
Seba: Let us know how it goes.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just received my Northstar M192. Now I wonder if I'm the king of disproportionate value components, having a $2500 DAC (though I paid $800 or so for it on here) and a $330 headamp. Oh, don't forget the Van Den Hul cables I'm using, which are worth more than the amp too.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #30 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price increased?

Seems to be the same, but you do have to pay for shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

The thing weighs a ton
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back