REVIEW: Apple iPod & Ultimate Ears UE-10 PRO
Mar 30, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #16 of 82
after detailed impressions do tell us where it pull sahead.
reading the first post, i have a general idea of what the UE-10 does
Now considering i really like the Ety's what would make me get the UE-10's
looking forward to your reply

cheers
Kunwar

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 82
Welly, when you've had more time with the UE-10 and are in a position to post some comparisons relative to your Ety's, it would be helpful (in addition to your well articulated impressions of the various sonic characteristics themselves) to also provide a scaled reference point. Rather than "it's worth twice the price of Ety's" (or 3, 4, 5 times - since this is so subjective), do something to the effect of: if the UE-10 is a 10.0, then the Ety's are a 5.0, 7.5, 9.0 (or whatever) in terms of thier ability to pull the listener into the music. We're all scrambling to understand just how good the UE-10's are!

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 82
New King has arrived!!!
Great indepth review!!!
I'm also curious about other UE models such as UE-7pro, UE-5pro, UE-5's compared to Etys and Shures.
Now I'm hook on this site!!!

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #19 of 82
I'll post my review sometime this weekend or next week. It will be the ER-4P/S vs. UE-10 PRO through my "reference system."

They are really totally different earphones in design, sound, and philosophy. Check out the Ultimate Ears website if you want more details on different models.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #20 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Welly Wu
They are really totally different earphones in design, sound, and philosophy. One is fake sound and the other is natural sound.

And you're not gonna come out and say it right now?! You are too cruel.
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #24 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
Something smells funny...

that's 2 votes for an early april fools trick.

this review honestly doesn't seem real to me.

welly's too much of a headfier to leave out such detail.

*if it is in fact real, then i will resend this statement.
biggrin.gif

thursday we will find out the truth...

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 82
Why should this smell funny? I wouldnt be at all surprised if these phones bested the Ety's in every way [which dont even sound all that spectacular to me, despite the fact that eric343 kept telling me I didnt have the right seal.
rolleyes.gif
]

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #27 of 82
It's sad that whenever someone out there gets a new product and posts a positive review on it, that there's always almost at least a couple of posts following deeming the person a liar or unrespectable.

I experienced that when I did my first E5c review, it was followed by as many comments of curiosity as comments of complete doubt and total denial. It nevertheless hurts the reviewer's feeling to have to go through that type of criticism for something that he/she genuinely feels.

UE-10 Pro is $900, at that price, if it isn't at least better overall than the ER-4, then you have got a really crappy product, don't you? You would expect it to beat the ER-4 and E5c in every single way, otherwise there's nothing that warrants that price tag. So should there be any expectation that the ER-4 or the E5c will match up at all?

If it didn't match up, then that would be the real surprise and people should be in an uproar. If it does beat the crap out of ER-4 and E5c, then it's lived up to its expectation. That's all there is to it... what's fishy about that? What's incredible about it?

I understand fully the instinct to protect what you've already got, the "turf" as one may refer to it. I hated knowing that there's a possibility something out there is better than my E5c, or my CD3000. However, ninety percent of the time in this forum, every product out there is really "you get what you pay for." There's rarely ever a headphone or amp recommendations out there that isn't worth its price tag. As a community here, I think we all generally have an idea of what we're talking about. Saving for once in a while.. those newbie posts (you know, just got a semi decent headphone and thought it's the best thing on earth.. one of those).

Welly, the only regret I have is that we will be not be able to compare Sensaphonic and UE side-by-side... they won't fit into both of our ears
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #28 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by toaster22
that's 2 votes for an early april fools trick.

It's not. This is a legitimate review of an actual pair of earphones Welly owns. He has the photo of the miniature case with his name on it, which I assume will be posted later.

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #29 of 82
Quote:

Welly, the only regret I have is that we will be not be able to compare Sensaphonic and UE side-by-side... they won't fit into both of our ears
wink.gif
[/B]

You could always bite the bullet and get the UE just for the sake of head-fi community. Then write up a lengthy review and get called a liar or an employee for the company of the headphone you prefer. Come on, let your couriosity get the better of you. Sell your new camera to finance it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back