Review: AKG K 450
Mar 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #46 of 72
hi dude,

I was comparing them to the px200 v1, although they're way better now (just keep improving). They look better than the image you posted as the headband looks less flimsy IMO. 

Have a look around a thread on here, there's a dude who posted a load of shots of the k450 on his head...

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #47 of 72

Quote:

Thanks a lot for your advice Superboob! :)

Do you mean better than px 200 II or 1? 

About those Sennh vs. those AKG wich you belive is less goofy estetically?

I mean, for exemple PX 200 IIi looks a bit goofy at both sides: is it a bit different at natural look? with a real guy head?

I understand that's not primary, but what is the most stylish? who dresses better for your taste (not for comfort but to look)?

I haven't tried the PX-200 on but judging from the look of K450 on me i'd say the AKG look less goofy. It has a more clean, straight look from both the front and the sides. From the front it's basically just like a couple of pads are "magically" sitting on top of your ears since the frame comes from the top into them and not from the side like on the PX-200. From the sides they just look very clean and neat, with their flat round design and the frame is thin and doesn't stand out at all.

So designwise i'd definitely root for the AKG.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #49 of 72
I had a pair of 450s until the left speaker stopped working. I used them riding my bike but the wind noise got unbearable at times. At the gym, my only concern would be them falling off if you bent forward too quickly.  So, just be a little careful with them and you will be fine.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #50 of 72
I just bought the AKG k450s and this review helped convince me to buy them as a pair of travel headphones.  I bought them on clearance from the Harmon Kardon website for $80.  Great travel case and they pair really nicely with an ipod since they are very easy to drive.  I am listening to them right now with a headphone amp and I need to keep the volume down.  They are very much of an upgrade from my old travel headphones (Sennheiser PX 200).  I'm sure there are better travel phones than these but they are hard to beat for the $80 I paid for them. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #51 of 72

Quote:
I just bought the AKG k450s and this review helped convince me to buy them as a pair of travel headphones.  I bought them on clearance from the Harmon Kardon website for $80.  Great travel case and they pair really nicely with an ipod since they are very easy to drive.  I am listening to them right now with a headphone amp and I need to keep the volume down.  They are very much of an upgrade from my old travel headphones (Sennheiser PX 200).  I'm sure there are better travel phones than these but they are hard to beat for the $80 I paid for them. 

I have the Q460s (same thing as K450, just Quincy Jones branded and iPod 3 button remote+mic, I think). At first, I thought it sounded very inferior to my Image Ones, but they must be breaking in; because now I think they're an equal match. The AKGs don't have as much bass, but I like their treble presentation better.

Oh, and they fold much smaller! Definitely travel-sized earphones!

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #52 of 72
I've been listening to my AKG 450s for a week now as I have been traveling.  They do a reasonable job of cutting out background noise which makes for a good listening environment since they are closed and the pads form a pretty decent seal.  I think are quite good for movies but are a bit muddy, in my opinion, for music particularly with more complex music such as orchestral works.  They suffer when it comes to critical listening.  That said, they are excellent for travel since they fold up nicely and come in a great carrying case.  I'd recommend them for the price I paid (under $100) but I'd consider shopping around if paying much more than that. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #53 of 72

Just got a pair of K 450's for Xmas and clocked up about 15-20hrs so far - they still have a lot of burn in to go. TBH they sound pretty poor at the moment (muddy and lacking midrange and little separation) but I'll give the a couple of weeks burn in before I pass judgement). I used to have the PX200's a few years back and they were impressive for the price so superboob has given me case for optimism.

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #55 of 72
Hay head-fi

Pardon me, I'm new here. 

I was wondering if anybody could compare and contrast the sound of the AKG K 450 and the Grado SR60i. 

I have the Grados and I truly hate taking them to work. Afraid I'm putting too much wear and tear on them or something. While the Grados have weaker bass they more then make up for it in pure clarity. Do the K 450's compete in this category? 

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #58 of 72
Just purchased a pair of 450's last week on Amazon. for $67 though Electronics Expo and they are selling for $58 right now. I really like the sound. I have a pair of ATH ES7 and I like the 450's better. My souce is IPOD classic (160 gig) with lossless files through a Cmoy amp. I listen all day at work mostly to film scores.

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #59 of 72
My left ear channel have become defect. It only plays on 10 % volume. I've tried both cables, and I'm pretty sure that the cable isn't the issue. Is this covered by warrenty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back