REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #181 of 369
Ah, I understand you. I guess the options are there for me if I needed to tweak up the bass for my tastes then
regular_smile .gif

How do you rate the isolation compared with the rubber tips supplied ? These give me the best seal (which is still hit and miss) but the isolation isn't great, especially when on the train etc.

Sorry to be pre-empting your proper review !

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #182 of 369
On top of that, I hear more micro-detail. Hence more reveiling on recordings. I can hear pianist stepping on the piano pedal.

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #183 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, I understand you. I guess the options are there for me if I needed to tweak up the bass for my tastes then
regular_smile .gif

How do you rate the isolation compared with the rubber tips supplied ? These give me the best seal (which is still hit and miss) but the isolation isn't great, especially when on the train etc.

Sorry to be pre-empting your proper review !

Isolation is on-par with Westone 3/superior to universal tips on IE8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On top of that, I hear more micro-detail. Hence more reveiling on recordings. I can hear pianist stepping on the piano pedal.

I concur.

-Ed

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #184 of 369
Quote:

absolutely. just listened to the roots: things fall apart lossless on an iriver optically connected to the d10 and there are voice reverbs in some track recordings that i have never heard, even on my recabled hd580's. truly amazing.

funnily enough, the first think i noticed was the more controlled highs. i also notice the wider soundstage but isolation is about equal for me. fit can't be beat tho and they are definitely the most comfortable iem's i have ever worn.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #185 of 369
I found vocal reverbs in some genres (like jazz,vocal and folk), gives you more a sense of the surrounding.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #186 of 369
Alright...ListenHear (Starkey) received my impressions on Monday. Just got an email saying that they shipped yesterday! That was damn fast. Been working with Jenny from ListenHear and her communication is top notch!

Expected delivery is tomorrow so I'll be able to start providing some feedback on any sound changes from the custom molds.

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #187 of 369
alright ajmiarka I'm anxious to hear how those work out for you. I'm trying to figure out where to get my custom tips from and Listenhear is on the top of my list right now. My big fear is still comfort even though everyone only has good things to say...

I want to get the tips for my UE triple.fi 10s because regular tips kinda hurt when putting them in or taking them out (it feels like I am pushing too much pressure into my ear or pulling too much out)... I use complies now but but they don't last that long. Any thoughts?

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #188 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright ajmiarka I'm anxious to hear how those work out for you. I'm trying to figure out where to get my custom tips from and Listenhear is on the top of my list right now. My big fear is still comfort even though everyone only has good things to say...

Comfort is one of the main benefits. Excellent isolation with perfect comfort.

You basically can't compare customs to universal tips (not even foam tips).

you can do back-flips and they don't fall off.

But a good ear impression is crucial for all this.

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #189 of 369
Quote:

But a good ear impression with an open bite is crucial for all this.

Fixed this...
icon10.gif

It really does help to have an open bite when doing an impression. I learned this when I did my first ones for a pair of Freqs. Allows for a very tight seal. Unfortunately, I returned the Freqs because I did not enjoy the sound signature enough. These are my first custom sleeves so it will be interesting to compare the seal.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #190 of 369
sure.

you could bite onto anything of your choice

btw, I'm thinking of making a musican plugs out of the old pair with reverse-able mod.

May 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #191 of 369
so no discomfort when putting them in? For some reason I imagine that the snug fit would mean they are more likely to be painful to put in and take out... I suppose the only real way to know is place an order and find out

May 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #192 of 369
No. whatsoever.

There's a learning curve for putting customs in. other than that, You sound like you need a better fit very bad.

May 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #193 of 369
your ear canal is kinda cork-screw shaped. for my ears, i find that inserting the custom sleeve into your ear at the 6 o'clock position (cable down), then rotating and twisting counter-clockwise for the right ear and clockwise for the left ear to the 12 o'clock position (cable up and then behind the ear) lets me get them into my head rather swiftly with no force. it is akin to twisting a corkscrew. kinda hard to explain for me but it really is a smooth twisting motion.

May 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #195 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your ear canal is kinda cork-screw shaped. for my ears, i find that inserting the custom sleeve into your ear at the 6 o'clock position (cable down), then rotating and twisting counter-clockwise for the right ear and clockwise for the left ear to the 12 o'clock position (cable up and then behind the ear) lets me get them into my head rather swiftly with no force. it is akin to twisting a corkscrew. kinda hard to explain for me but it really is a smooth twisting motion.

aww.. you leaked the secret of customs.
icon10.gif

I start at 3-4 o' clock. Maybe you can try that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back