Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #421 of 681

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #422 of 681
I've just pulled the trigger and bought a pair. I've been procrastinating about it all week until I discovered they were €20 cheaper on Amazon. Germany compared to Amazon. co.uk.

Looking forward to using them with my Xduoo X3 at work.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #423 of 681
People are totally able to remember listening experiences. And while perception is totally foolable, you remember if a a type of wine tasted good, or food at a restaurant was particularly good. So when a sound science member become critical of someone only remembering sound quality for a few seconds, they are wrong.

The question here is reference and your experience in comparison to what? That's why after a person gets really good headphones, their old headphones don't seem to sound as good. So it's the contrast to what you are used to which causes the brain to go......ahhhhhh.

This is exactly what I am saying.
I have 3 pairs of headphones now that I simply don't listen to after having this pair + RP-HD10. My RP-HT360 I used to enjoy for long periods of time and now I don't even put it on.
I have tried it again since the RP-HD10 and I can clearly tell the difference.

So I'm not sure where people come off saying that you are unable to remember sound.
And no I don't go to restaurants and have different experiences every time, if you do then the restaurant(s) you go to is/are very inconsistent and you probably shouldn't go there anymore.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #424 of 681
This is exactly what I am saying.
I have 3 pairs of headphones now that I simply don't listen to after having this pair + RP-HD10. My RP-HT360 I used to enjoy for long periods of time and now I don't even put it on.
I have tried it again since the RP-HD10 and I can clearly tell the difference.

So I'm not sure where people come off saying that you are unable to remember sound.
And no I don't go to restaurants and have different experiences every time, if you do then the restaurant(s) you go to is/are very inconsistent and you probably shouldn't go there anymore.

Then you must be either be a miracle of science, a robot or unable to discern nuances in your experiences on this planet.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #425 of 681
Then you must be either be a miracle of science, a robot or unable to discern nuances in your experiences on this planet.

Uh sure man,
I'm done debating this with you because its just silly.

Maybe a complete idiot doesn't remember their experiences, but I haven't ran into many people who cannot tell the difference between good and bad experiences, or even good and better experiences.

And maybe when it comes to microdetails in songs someone might have trouble doing an A/B test but your brain certainly does tell the difference and this is how you prefer different things. Its not based on price, I have some cheaper stuff that I prefer to the expensive stuff.

Prices don't equate quality, but telling me that your brain cannot discern quality is just asinine and therefore I am done with this conversation.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #426 of 681
So I need a little help convincing here.

I bought the 1More's a week ago and...while they sound good, there seems to be something missing to me.

I also own the far cheaper Sony MDR-EX110AP In-ear Headphones.

With regards to my music, I don't have to turn the Sony's up so high (~50%) to get the same level of sound with the 1More's (~70%).

I do use Sony Xperia Z5 for listening to podcasts, music and phone calls, so are Sony "cheating" with their MDR's or is 1More just a little underpowered?

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #427 of 681

I bought the 1More's a week ago and...while they sound good, there seems to be something missing to me.

With regards to my music, I don't have to turn the Sony's up so high (~50%) to get the same level of sound with the 1More's (~70%).

I do use Sony Xperia Z5 for listening to podcasts, music and phone calls, so are Sony "cheating" with their MDR's or is 1More just a little underpowered?

The 1more have a higher resistance and need more power to drive to higher volume levels. There is a section in head-fi on resistance and sound.

My understanding is higher resistance allows a bit more control. One thing for sure is that high-end over-ears generally have very high resistance.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #428 of 681
It might help if you was a little more specific about what you feel is missing from the sound.

I personally find the 1More Triple Drivers to be superb and, unlike most of the other in ear monitors I have tried, you can get a really nice sound without having to push them in so far that they tickle your brain. Whilst this is kinda neat I also sometimes feel that they are falling out (I also get this with Apple Earpods when I don't use foamies) and this can sometimes be a little distracting.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #429 of 681

If the impedance of Sony MDR-EX110AP lower than 1 More Triple Driver that is why you need more power to drive 1More. Most headphones are with 16 ohms but 1More Triple is with 32 ohms.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #430 of 681
  It might help if you was a little more specific about what you feel is missing from the sound.

I personally find the 1More Triple Drivers to be superb and, unlike most of the other in ear monitors I have tried, you can get a really nice sound without having to push them in so far that they tickle your brain. Whilst this is kinda neat I also sometimes feel that they are falling out (I also get this with Apple Earpods when I don't use foamies) and this can sometimes be a little distracting.

If anything I'm the opposite of you: they don't feel like falling out.  I do like them a lot but they felt as if something was missing.  For example, I listen to podcasts and, with the Sony's they sound clear at ~80-90% (not damaging my ears but the podcasts differ on the bandwidth they use so I have to raise the volume on them).  With the 1More's at the same volume level the podcast sounds more distant than with the Sony's.

If the impedance of Sony MDR-EX110AP lower than 1 More Triple Driver that is why you need more power to drive 1More. Most headphones are with 16 ohms but 1More Triple is with 32 ohms.

Yeah I checked the specs for both and noticed the difference in impedance between them (16 ohms for the Sony, 32 for the 1More).  Wasn't sure that was the sticking point and would rather go to people who would understand this more than I could.

Might have to get a headphone amplifier like the fiio a1's for more power then.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #431 of 681
If anything I'm the opposite of you: they don't feel like falling out.  I do like them a lot but they felt as if something was missing.  For example, I listen to podcasts and, with the Sony's they sound clear at ~80-90% (not damaging my ears but the podcasts differ on the bandwidth they use so I have to raise the volume on them).  With the 1More's at the same volume level the podcast sounds more distant than with the Sony's.

Yeah I checked the specs for both and noticed the difference in impedance between them (16 ohms for the Sony, 32 for the 1More).  Wasn't sure that was the sticking point and would rather go to people who would understand this more than I could.

Might have to get a headphone amplifier like the fiio a1's for more power then.

Yes that will help.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #432 of 681
Uh sure man,

I'm done debating this with you because its just silly.

Maybe a complete idiot doesn't remember their experiences, but I haven't ran into many people who cannot tell the difference between good and bad experiences, or even good and better experiences.

And maybe when it comes to microdetails in songs someone might have trouble doing an A/B test but your brain certainly does tell the difference and this is how you prefer different things. Its not based on price, I have some cheaper stuff that I prefer to the expensive stuff.

Prices don't equate quality, but telling me that your brain cannot discern quality is just asinine and therefore I am done with this conversation.

Don't get angry. I was only talking about the ability to hear burn in. Differences between different items is of course easy to detect.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #433 of 681
  Just a curiosity: has anyone ever used the small clip that is included in the package? Are there any benefits from using it?

I tried it once, and found it pretty useless. I'm using a Sennheiser clip on my Triples, and it seems to do the job better. That said, I've yet to find the perfect cable clip - any suggestions out there?

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #434 of 681
  I assume you're making fun of me. For the ones who are willing to answer seriously, I have read that clip usage is supposed to reduce microphonics, is this effect so relevant with this in-ear headphone?

Using a clip does, I think, reduce microphonics (although not to zero, I find). Really, though, in my experience the best way to get rid of microphonics is to wear 'phones with the wires looped over the ear. Unfortunately, the Triples aren't designed for this; I'd dearly love to see an alternate over-the-ear version of the Triples! (Monitoring this thread, 1More? <g>)

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #435 of 681

Maybe if one of my friends buys a pair of these we will A/B test them.

But I can surely tell the difference in sounds and remember how they sound especially depth and clarity.

I think I'll have to vote with Toom on this issue: The differences, if any, from burn-in are likely to be small enough that a comparison across time for the same set of 'phones is almost certainly going to tell you more about varying external conditions (insertion, how you're feeling that day, and lots of etcetera) than about the internal state of the 'phones. The fact that burn-in changes, if any, are likely to be gradual makes this kind of cross-time comparison even more difficult.

The only way I can see to run a meaningful test of burning-in is to buy two pair of the same 'phones, leave one unopened, use the other for a good while, then open the "new" pair and do some A/B comparisons. Even this is less than 100% probitive, since there's no guarantee that the two 'phones have completely identical characteristics. However, after making a careful A/B comparison, perhaps including sine-wave sweeps, and taking detailed notes, you could then do a similar burn-in on the second pair and run the same A/B comparison again. (This would be necessary even if the first A/B comparison showed no difference - it's theoretically possible that burn-in on the second pair could cause the sound profile to diverge from the burned-in sound of the first pair!)

...And of course the fact that burn-in works in one model doesn't necessarily mean it works in a second model...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back