Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #362 of 681
I got these today. First impressions:

- Very musical. No sibilance, harshness or anything. Very smooth sounding. HD 650-like timbre.
- It is detailed but not overwhelmingly so. The sound signature is a bit too lush, a bit thick and lacking air.
- BA drivers are slower than fully BA IEMs I've heard. Probably to adjust to dynamic driver's speed and thus increase coherence.
- Could do with more treble extension and sub-bass quantity. Maybe Quad driver will have these.
- A very good all-rounder and a superb value in its price point.

I wonder what 1More will do with its Quad driver IEM. I'm hoping for a more technical and airy IEM while retaining smoothness.

Fit: These are so comfortable and the fit is great. I've had lots of IEMs including TOTLs such as IE800, Noble K10UA and S-EM9. 1More Triple is more comfortable than all of them. It has a very ergonomic and well designed shape and fit.

Noble K10UA, for instance, is such a pricey IEM but the design and the fit is terrible. I had to buy Spiral Dot tips because Noble supplied tips didn't fit properly in my ears causing lack of good seal. With 1More Triple, I got a good fit in just a second. Superb design.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #363 of 681
Lei Jun is number 87 on the list of China's richest billionaires owning Xiaomi the 4th largest manufacturer of smart phones in the world.
The great thing is Xiaomi is only 7 years old. We will see some other great stuff ahead. Since 2015 Xiaomi has invested in 20 companies like 1More but has plans to invest into 100 more.

In 2014 he was named business man of the year by Forbes Asia. Also noted as one of the 11 most powerful people in Asia in 2013 by Fortune magazine.

Not at all surprising.
But 1More is a direct subsidiary or just an investment?

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #364 of 681
Not at all surprising.
But 1More is a direct subsidiary or just an investment?

http://c.mi.com/sg/thread-2108-1-1.html

Ecosystem Partner?

Just like Edifier buying Stax, it's a way for Chinese companies to own stuff outside of China. Spreading their wealth so to speak as there is always the chance of government control. Much of China wealth is spread across the world in other investments. Though as a subsidiary? Good question.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #365 of 681

Ecosystem Partner?

Just like Edifier buying Stax, it's a way for Chinese companies to own stuff outside of China. Spreading their wealth so to speak as there is always the chance of government control. Much of China wealth is spread across the world in other investments. Though as a subsidiary? Good question.

interesting!

You are right though the chinese govt is very controlling in every aspect. Its a communist thing.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #366 of 681

Ecosystem Partner?

Just like Edifier buying Stax, it's a way for Chinese companies to own stuff outside of China...

Thanks for the fascinating link!

This is not a case of buying into a foreign company. 1More is a Chinese startup founded by former Foxconn executives.
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/08/26/1more-chinas-answer-to-beats/
With an investment from Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp, three former Foxconn executives have established an audio device company called 1More Inc. to challenge Apple Inc.’s audio unit Beats Electronics LLC in the global market.

Xiaomi is one of multiple investors in 1More: http://relationshipscience.com/1more-inc-o166336681
So it looks like 1More is technically an independent startup company with investor funding, but Xiaomi is probably a majority owner.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #367 of 681

This is not a case of buying into a foreign company. 1More is a Chinese startup founded by former Foxconn executives.

Xiaomi is one of multiple investors in 1More: http://relationshipscience.com/1more-inc-o166336681
So it looks like 1More is technically an independent startup company with investor funding, but Xiaomi is probably a majority owner.

Probably purchased my Triple Drivers after liking the Piston 3s so much. I actually have a backup pair of Piston 3s which just sit in a box incase my other pair breaks. For many I think Piston IEMs have been a doorway to wanting to purchase a 1More IEM. There are some similarities between the two IEMs but most of all I think it's a new and slightly different history in marketing.

Our history in purchases has always been upon singular company ideas. In fact, a ton of energy it seems goes into marking the territory a company holds. Maybe it is simply branding?

Still here you have two distinct products that do have some sound signature characteristics and the fact that the cables are close to the same. In some ways they share a similar shape too. But what is strange is purchasing a product from a slightly different company due to similarly.

Maybe with car brands like Genreal Motors making so many sub brands, it's the same. But this seems a little new for me in audio. I can't think of that many crossover brands except Panasonic making Technics?

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #368 of 681

very interesting information.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #369 of 681
Probably purchased my Triple Drivers after liking the Piston 3s so much. I actually have a backup pair of Piston 3s which just sit in a box incase my other pair breaks. For many I think Piston IEMs have been a doorway to wanting to purchase a 1More IEM. There are some similarities between the two IEMs but most of all I think it's a new and slightly different history in marketing.

Our history in purchases has always been upon singular company ideas. In fact, a ton of energy it seems goes into marking the territory a company holds. Maybe it is simply branding?

Still here you have two distinct products that do have some sound signature characteristics and the fact that the cables are close to the same. In some ways they share a similar shape too. But what is strange is purchasing a product from a slightly different company due to similarly.

Maybe with car brands like Genreal Motors making so many sub brands, it's the same. But this seems a little new for me in audio. I can't think of that many crossover brands except Panasonic making Technics?

But 1More makes the piston 3's.
This does happen alot in the auto industry just FYI.
Cars are made of very many brands of parts.
For example my Infiniti G35 has a Calsonic or Denso radiatior from the factory, Calsonic Exhaust, Hitachi Coils, NGK plugs, IPT Fuel rails (i think its IPT), Mitsubishi alternator (not all models).
Radio inside is made by Bose as are the speakers & Amp.
Seats are mfg by Recaro (some years).
The seatbelts and airbags are made by Takata.

Also just because my example was a Japanese car, doesn't mean this is at all limited to Japanese cars.
Infact american cars often have parts from some of the same brands!
But for GM AC Delco does alot of the OEM parts, but they still have some Hitachi, Motorola (Most of their MAP/MAF sensors), Mitsubishi (alternators again sometimes).

Everything is a collection of parts, literally everything you buy is a collection of parts from a number of different brands.

Its something that many people don't understand, that the final product is just a sum of the parts and the firmwares that make them all work in tandem.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #370 of 681
But 1More makes the piston 3's.

This does happen alot in the auto industry just FYI.
Cars are made of very many brands of parts.
For example my Infiniti G35 has a Calsonic or Denso radiatior from the factory, Calsonic Exhaust, Hitachi Coils, NGK plugs, IPT Fuel rails (i think its IPT), Mitsubishi alternator (not all models).
Radio inside is made by Bose as are the speakers & Amp.

Seats are mfg by Recaro (some years).

The seatbelts and airbags are made by Takata.

Also just because my example was a Japanese car, doesn't mean this is at all limited to Japanese cars.
Infact american cars often have parts from some of the same brands!
But for GM AC Delco does alot of the OEM parts, but they still have some Hitachi, Motorola (Most of their MAP/MAF sensors), Mitsubishi (alternators again sometimes).

Everything is a collection of parts, literally everything you buy is a collection of parts from a number of different brands.

Its something that many people don't understand, that the final product is just a sum of the parts and the firmwares that make them all work in tandem.

Yes, just looked at the back of the Piston3 box and it says 1MORE DESIGN, then Mi.com and tag at the top...."Mi in-ear headphones".

But......the Triple Driver never says Mi or Xiaomi anywhere on the package. That's the difference.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #371 of 681

1MORE DESIGN was established in partnership with key persons: Gary Hsieh, Howard Yu and Frank Lin. Headquartered in Shenzhen China, the electronics technology company possesses many years of experience in consumer electronic product design, and specializes in the research, development and production of digital cell phone accessories. 1MORE DESIGN has world-class teams in design, technology, quality supervision and marketing. Thanks to Mr. Lei Jun, the Xiaomi team and various strategic partners, 1MORE DESIGN has taken complete advantage of the internet to encourage end-users’ participation in the research and development of products.This made possible the development of professional earphones that most closely meet the needs of the public, and also proves the power of internet-based models for development and the model implemented by 1MORE DESIGN.

The headquarters had a washer where they see if the IEMs will still work after one wash, and they did.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #372 of 681
What is the isolation like on the triple driver ? I'm looking for some headphones to wear to work, and some isolation would be good, but I don't want too much that I can't hear what's going on around me.

I work in a busy engineering/ production office, that's never too noisy, but is never ever quiet either. It's the first place I've ever worked that allow headphones.

I can't make my mind up between these and the Fiio Ex1ii, which is less isolating.

Second question. What's the sound like compared to a decent pair of over ear headphones ? I use Beyer Dynamic DT880 (600ohms) every evening driven by a Starving Student, and would be interested in what these will be like in comparison before I buy them.

I've always been a bit disappointing with earphones until now (I have some Shure E2's).

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #373 of 681
What is the isolation like on the triple driver ? I'm looking for some headphones to wear to work, and some isolation would be good, but I don't want too much that I can't hear what's going on around me.

I work in a busy engineering/ production office, that's never too noisy, but is never ever quiet either. It's the first place I've ever worked that allow headphones.

I can't make my mind up between these and the Fiio Ex1ii, which is less isolating.

Second question. What's the sound like compared to a decent pair of over ear headphones ? I use Beyer Dynamic DT880 (600ohms) every evening driven by a Starving Student, and would be interested in what these will be like in comparison before I buy them.

I've always been a bit disappointing with earphones until now (I have some Shure E2's).

It has very good isolation but not complete isolation. I believe this has the isolation level you want. 

I don't know about DT880 but to me 1More Triples sound like Sennheiser HD650. Detailed, warm, smooth.

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #374 of 681

Yes they are perfect for this scenario, you can semi hear what is going on around you so you are not blotted out from life.

But its not at a level that really affects your music unless people are basically yelling right next to you.

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #375 of 681
Sounds perfect. I want something that'll drown out the background conversations but allow me to hear the phone or fire alarm etc.

Thanks for the comparison with the Senn HD650. That gives me a good baseline. They really sound superb value.

Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back